is this the real guy ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    :O geohot on this forum ?! :O

hallo geohot , how are ya?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by geohot View Post
    If that code wasn't laughably easy to understand, forget trying to understand the exploit. I'm surprised a stupid little snippet like that makes news.

I encourage everyone to go install OtherOS and play with the hypervisor themselves. If you don't understand what you can't do, you really won't appreciate the new powers the exploit gives you. The PS3 is more open than most of you think apparently.
    Yeah, even with school-based knowledge of programming, a person can understand this code, hope a lot of people will catch on to this.

Can't test myself because I don't have linux and don't want to reformat HD, can't make backup right now

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If that code wasn't laughably easy to understand, forget trying to understand the exploit. I'm surprised a stupid little snippet like that makes news.

I encourage everyone to go install OtherOS and play with the hypervisor themselves. If you don't understand what you can't do, you really won't appreciate the new powers the exploit gives you. The PS3 is more open than most of you think apparently.
    The C code actually was easy to understand, but it's still abit unclear to me what exactly you're trying to achieve with it (without being negative or anything )

Just lacking some background info at the moment.

Trying to find good posts on your blog is a chore. You are yourself affected by it. I wonder if you want to unravel/chronicle rest of the development here or another preferred forum.

Hmm. this is actually a better place for you to comment. Let the mods here filter the garbage for you, or go to another site. Same difference

Thumbs Up

@geohot

Hey man, great work so far. Don't let the bad comments get to you.

is any linux distro appropriate to run this code, or is there a recommended one?

i'd like to install Linux on my fat 60gb, which one do you guys recommend? and which version.

i think many other people will have this question in mind if/when they want to install Linux on their fats.

congrats to geohot and welcome to the forum.

now i have a feeling that the devs will do something great in the right direction with this "push" that geohot gave to the scene (fingers crossed)

Your right - it is hard to understand the exploit, especially knowing so little about it. I know you want to keep your method private for now, which is understandable as it keeps you safe.

But, at least the fruits of your work would be helpful for others to take a look at, sure it does not need to be a public release, but it should really be seen beyond a handful of people, especially considering the fact that some of them are not the most skilled individuals around!

I mean - we have been working on the box for ages (from a different angle) with plenty of interesting results, although none as astonishing as yours. Most of our work has been on the development kits, which of course are not easy or cheap to come across. But they love to leave things live, like the System Controller's UART and JTAG lines - let alone other interesting tidbits.

In that, things of course get kept quiet, nobody can really use some of the stuff we found, like one of the PS3 TOOL's AES encrypt/decrypt keys, or commands to send the System Controller.

Nevertheless - awesome work, I know your not up to sharing your exploit, but, like myself, I know a few very talented people who would love to get a look at your LV0/LV1 dumps!

Big Grin installing

is there some info how to install this code or guide and which otheros to install? i'm not a tech wizz but i'll tinker about with it just to understand it more.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News