Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by titanmkd View Post
    I'm software developer and i'm working on the GeoHot exploit (kernel module).
    I'm porting it on latest PS3 Linux Kernel available on my PS3(Fat with FW 3.15) Linux system Yellow Dog 6.2 with kernel 2.6.29.3.

You maybe already know GeoHot has done the exploit on PS3 ubuntu 8.10 with kernel 2.6.25-2.3, but since kernel 2.6.27 the htab is not mapped anymore and the exploit is not anymore working and crash
    Thanks for sharing I also spotted this problem and also problem with compilation such as get_irq_chip_data(20) in newer kernel its defined as function and gives you an error ".irq_to_desc not found" I replaced that with: get_irq_desc[20].chip_data;

@titanmkd, can you tell me what did you fix to load HTAB? I'm wating for my FPGA to be delivered on 3rd of Feb. also im not really familiar with linux architecture because i'm windows DEV and RE Thnx.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    Well i know about warrenty i don't use it... so i can solder (i soldered infectus and did dump) so and this is not difficult for me... but i can't understand about hardware part.
    Infectus is only for dumping the NAND which is encrypted. This exploit allows you to dump & inject into memory space (RAM) I believe.

Infectus will only be useful once we have:

A) The decryption keys for the NAND (CPU key if you like)
    or
    B) Some kind of CFW or Rebooter similar to the 360.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    seems like hwmod needed for running geohot's exploit is not very hard to make

let's look at hv intrinsics closer

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by mushy409 View Post
    Infectus is only for dumping the NAND which is encrypted. This exploit allows you to dump & inject into memory space (RAM) I believe.
    no i just mean that i can solder.. that i'm good in that and i can do anything with ps3... so just neeed to understand.. and how to program... board to 40ns.

Quote Originally Posted by einzwei View Post
    seems like hwmod needed for running geohot's exploit is not very hard to make

let's look at hv intrinsics closer
    Hey einzwei, nice to see you around again - its been quite a while. Actually having some issues sourcing parts fast enough - got any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    no i just mean that i can solder.. that i'm good in that and i can do anything with ps3... so just neeed to understand.. and how to program... board to 40ns.
    You could probably make the circuit for a couple of quid (attached gif) if you don't have access to the components for free. I won't be trying it because tolerances of the components would probably make the pulse time swing wildly and I hate precision oscilloscopes with a passion to test the circuit.

t = R*C*Ln(3)

if t = 40 nS, C = 300 pF then R = 121.21 Ohms

using a 120 Ohm resistor (which is a standard value) gives 39.93 nS.

HEF4016B (Quadruple bilateral switch [Register or Login to view links])
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Schm.gif  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lightbulb

Does anyone think that a normal wave generator would work for the pulse or would you have to rig something up with a 555 timer ic?

Whats about Xbox 360s Hypervisor, is it possible to glitch it with the same method? But without Otheros Linux nearly impossible?

The way I see it is you have to connect the point on the PS3 to ground only once and for 40 nS. I don't think a wave generator could do that as it will go from 0V to 5/10/whatever Volts (unless it has a one shot function which you can trigger) but then I can only see it to be used to trigger an addition circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by int0 View Post
    Thanks for sharing I also spotted this problem and also problem with compilation such as get_irq_chip_data(20) in newer kernel its defined as function and gives you an error ".irq_to_desc not found" I replaced that with: get_irq_desc[20].chip_data;

@titanmkd, can you tell me what did you fix to load HTAB? I'm wating for my FPGA to be delivered on 3rd of Feb. also im not really familiar with linux architecture because i'm windows DEV and RE Thnx.
    On Kernel 2.6.29.x the HTAB can be only fixed with patch on kernel, i'm working on it to do a clean thing with a kernel module service to retrieve l htab@ and i'm also do a huge cleanup in original GeoHot code with additional comments and removing all hard coded address.

About irq_to_desc problem i fixed it using:

[Register or Login to view code]

I will post the source code of new exploit.c and kernel patch required when all will be clean and working (does anyone know how to post that on this website because i'm new user and I have no right to upload files ...).

[Register or Login to view code]

I plan also to add services to the exploit to use the kernel module to read/write in memory using user space with fopen() ...

Best Regards

TitanMKD

Sponsored Links
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News