Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    Is it 40ns ground or is there a output from a function generator?

Sponsored Links

geoHot Exploit porting to Linux Kernel 2.6.29.x

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

I'm software developer and i'm working on the GeoHot exploit (kernel module).
    I'm porting it on latest PS3 Linux Kernel available on my PS3(Fat with FW 3.15) Linux system Yellow Dog 6.2 with kernel 2.6.29.3.

You maybe already know GeoHot has done the exploit on PS3 ubuntu 8.10 with kernel 2.6.25-2.3, but since kernel 2.6.27 the htab is not mapped anymore and the exploit is not anymore working and crash with such log:
    Code:
    init_exploit_module() called
    allocate memory: 0
    allocate memory lpar 0x500002200000 crap 0x1
    PRESS THE BUTTON IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS
    Unable to handle kernel paging request for data at address 0xd000080080001000
    The only problem after this step is to have tester, because I have no hardware to test the glitch.

For information I have also rebuild a kernel 2.6.25.3 and the exploit seems to work (at least it does not crash) and do an infinite loop waiting for the glitch.

Best Regards,

TitanMKD

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't have the equipment to do the hack, but I would love to put my hands on those lv1 Dumps.

Mathieulh said on the comments of geohot's blog that:
    1. I only share what I am allowed to share 2. Other devs do have it 3. What makes you think I didn't have it 4. It indeed IS copyrighted, making it illegal to be shared, especially in broad daylight.

Now, you want it, you dump it, there is nothing that requires me to share this dump with anyone. Why don't you complain about Geohot not sharing it to you ? That's the same thing.

Everthing requires to make your own dump is public, I am certainly not helping you obtaining it through means that are not legal."
    Oh boy, I really want it.

Unhappy

Maybe you have right, just i wait for some easier way in the future and after to try that I hope to find something.

Thank you very much.

from what i gather cjpc is still the main man

also forgot to say that i was chatting to a pc guy called raidensnake on msn and i broke the news that ps3 was hacked he said that it was hacked at the beginning and that those responsible never released anything to the public..
    Last edited by auronx; 01-31-2010 at 01:57 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by auronx View Post
    also forgot to say that i was chatting to a pc guy called raidensnake on msn and i broke the news that ps3 was hacked he said that it was hacked at the beginning and that those responsible never released anything to the public..
    Wow, that seems like a pretty reliable source omg

Question

One Question, I understood that the exploit gave full access to the RAM and Hypervisor for OtherOS ?

Because i downloaded the Precompiled Toolchain to make an otheros.bld as a "hello world" program. This is then OtherOS, right?

Ok, now maybe you can get better access with that then linux and it's more likely that normally people like me could dump something.
    Please help me with this idea.

Sorry for the bad English, i'm a german guy Please help me with this idea

Angry

Anybody cant dump it? What... cheerzzzz!! i can't really believe that nobody can't dump it or something!!! If i get normal instructions of what i need and how to dump it i will do it!!! But really can't understand...

Banned User
    TUHTA i dont want to be rude, but if you dont understand the tips from geohot and the pic from cjpc, how will you be able to get it working? to build up a mc which give a 40ns output to the board is not very easy. even to get the system up running the exploit code.

and don't forget, you lose your warrenty on the ps3 when you do that. you have to open it up and solder a cable to the marked place on the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by auronx View Post
    xD im pretty sure that this guy read the news from SKFU and never looked back to these scene ^^
    Last edited by Warrorar; 01-31-2010 at 08:10 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    and don't forget, you lose your warrenty on the ps3 when you do that. you have to open it up and solder a cable to the marked place on the board.
    Well i know about warrenty i don't use it... so i can solder (i soldered infectus and did dump) so and this is not difficult for me... but i can't understand about hardware part.

Sponsored Links
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News