Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Despite retiring from the iPhone and PS3 scene shortly before PS JailBreak first surfaced (amid [Register or Login to view links] from one reseller that appear to point in his direction), today GeoHot has reappeared and shared dePKG which is a PlayStation 3 Firmware Package Decrypter!

Downloads: dePKG PS3 Firmware Package Decrypter / dePKG r1 PS3 Firmware Package Decrypter by daGraveR / dePKG (Pre-Compiled x86_64 and x86) by daGraveR / dePKG (Pre-Compiled Win32) by XVortex / dePKG (Pre-Compiled Win32) and Dissect_CoreOS by cory1492 / Decrypted CORE_OS PKG UnPack Script by anomaly / CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg Extract by talruum / Guide: Extracting dev_flash from PS3 Firmware Updates by [Register or Login to view links] / FwTool to Encrypt PS3 Firmware Package Files by [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / FwTool (Pre-Compiled) by evilsperm / PS3 PUP Update File Extractor/Creator and PS3 PUP Update File Extractor v2 by KaKaRoToKS / PS3 Decrypt Tools (Windows) / PS3 Firmware Toolbox v1.0 and PS3 Firmware Toolbox v1.1 by Chossy / PS3 Decrypt SELF by GFK

In his [Register or Login to view links], GeoHot simply stated the following, to quote:

"A Little Gift for the Scene
    #1419148 - Pastie

Decrypt pkg files computer side.
    Mad props to fail0verflow"

Additionally, cory1492 states the following there: "CORE_OS_PACKAGE is NOT a .tar, it's a flash image - to extract it's contents you need to parse it out... a really shoddy/quickly made win32 built extractor for CORE_OS_PACKAGE is attached. Drag and drop your decrypted CORE_OS_PACKAGE onto the exe and it will extract the binaries inside (keep in mind most everything inside it is crypted, it contains the lv1/lv2 selfs and some spu modules and the like.) There shouldn't be anything in there that would prevent a very fast port to *nix (and many thanks go to graf_chokolo for partially documenting the structure on his hv reversing page at lan.st wiki.)

Also did a msys build of the depkg for windows which doesn't rely on external code, source included along with all the COPY notices that go with the aes implementation I used (also I'm running it on win7 x64 from the command line without issue, though it is a 32bit targeted build.)"

As a follow-up, [Register or Login to view links] Tweeted the following confirmation: "http://pastie.org/1419148 <== thx geohot /me whistles"

To quote from PSGroove: "The app is very useful for devs, that are planning to look into Sony's official firmware files. dePKG is a linux app, that will decrypt PKG files (not to be confused with PSN PKG files), that are within PS3UPDAT.PUP files.

This will allow devs to take a look at files such as CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg, from the convenience of their PC. Previously, the only way to take a look at these files, was via graf_chokolo's method, which utilized the PS3. Geohot's app is ready to be compiled and includes the necessary decryption keys."

The PS3 Firmware Package Decrypter source code is linked above, and also can be found below as follows: [Register or Login to view links]

Little script to unpack the decrypted core_os pkg by anomaly:

[Register or Login to view links]
    [Register or Login to view links]

From kamikatze, a Decrypted 3.41 CORE_OS_PACKAGE Extract Shell Script: [Register or Login to view links]

GeoHot Releases dePKG - PS3 Firmware Package Decrypter

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Geohot Releases Firmware Decrypter Tool

Sponsored Links
    From Psgroove: "The famous Geohot resurfaced today, to release a useful app called dePKG. The app is very useful for devs, that are planning to look into Sony's official firmware files. dePKG is a linux app, that will decrypt PKG files (not to be confused with PSN PKG files), that are within PS3UPDAT.PUP files.

This will allow devs to take a look at files such as CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg, from the convenience of their PC. Previously, the only way to take a look at these files, was via graf_chokolo's method, which utilized the PS3. Geohot's app is ready to be compiled and includes the necessary decryption keys."

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the news guys, I combined them and moved the article to the main page now. +Rep to you both!

anyone get this to compile yet? its telling me NO

edit: zlib & openssl installed

Quote Originally Posted by IndyColtsFan84 View Post
    anyone get this to compile yet? its telling me NO

edit: zlib & openssl installed
    Too easy
    Code:
    gcc -o depkg -lssl depkg.c
    And if you trust me, you can used the attached precompiled binaries for both x86_64 and x86.

You'll still need lib(open)ssl (runtime) though, if not already installed.

forgot the -lssl part, haha silly me, good to go now.

Added them to the first post now, and +Rep daGraveR!

That's pretty interesting... I wonder what this means exactly for GeoHot's work... and Fail0verflow team.

I hope its going to cause some stupid "you stole my work, I'll never release another piece of software my entire life"... but instead GeoHot worked independently from the information provided from the conference... or at the very worst GeoHot worked with them let them know before the release...

Otherwise, I really hate when the scene eats away at itself before real progress is made.

Any chance of a Windows port of this? I'm assuming it is possible. I used the OpenSSL Binaries and tried the keys that were in the source, it didn't work correctly.

not happy with the depkg experience so far. Linux is not agreeing with me lately.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News