Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Could you upload your PUP so a brave soul like sk group can try it. It does seem like your PS3 died at a very coincidental moment, if the hybridized FW works, then we maybe able to mix 3.55 with 3.41 and keep the best of both worlds.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i doubt its that easy to make a hybrid 3.41/3.50 firmware etc.

but as for giving anybody a ylod - HIGHLY unlikely

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think I read that certain bad firmware updates cause a ylod and it is essentially a full brick.

Ok, i'll upload a PATCH later... you will run it on your pc, and it will patch your 3.50 PUP

It's actually easy to make one, there is a program posted on ps3news called "gpup" It extracts and packs firmwares (doesn't sign them), it will extract the files from PUP. So i extracted 3.41 and 3.50 Firmware and i opened the "update.tar" that it gave with 7zip.

I dragged and dropped the 3.41 CORE_OS_PACKAGE on the 3.50 "update.tar" using 7zip and i repacked it using gpup, then i flashed it through service mode(Lv2diag.self way)

After that, it blinked green and turned off as normal but then, i turned on the ps3, and i get YLOD and then it blinks red nonstop

UPDATERLOG shows everything went ok!

Maybe it was a coincedence, ill try a reflow

3.41 debug dev flash and 3.50 dev flash

just decrypted these and got them all extracted figure i'd post em up for anyone interested.

mediafire.com/?aaccqw83q4albit

3.41 debug
    mediafire.com/?ckwo6p4qhmed8j4

+Rep for sharing b20vtechb, there is also 3.41/3.50 decrypt dumps in the first post as well if people want to collect/compare them.

decrypted lv2_kernsel.self from 3,41 : http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=27101

more decrypted files : http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=27100

3.41 debug firmware
    ps2_emu.self
    ps2_gxemu.self
    ps2_softemu.self
    Attached Files Attached Files

+Rep to Ossi as well for sharing.

Lightbulb

Is it possible to change the version number of the PUP? i'm guessing the version numbers going to be located in many many different PKGs and other files?

I'm just playing around really with little knowledge except what i read here.

Sponsored Links
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News