Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeKiller View Post
    i'm not sure, but can it be spu/spe code?
    The contents look to be standard ELF format, up until the decryption seems to fail.

It's not just .pkg file it trys to decrypt, you can pass it anything from the PUP and it works on it. (to a point)

[Register or Login to view code]

Time to start looking at the source and see what's up with it...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    looks like the same issue i'm having with my win compile of it. have you tried the bluetooth package? that seems to unpack fine.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Never expected that geohot would return to the scene, nice release!

Quote Originally Posted by datalogger View Post
    The contents look to be standard ELF format, up until the decryption seems to fail.

It's not just .pkg file it trys to decrypt, you can pass it anything from the PUP and it works on it. (to a point)

[Register or Login to view code]

Time to start looking at the source and see what's up with it...
    Ahh, now I see, it doesn't fail, the files are in SELF/SPRX format and still need to be SELF/SPRX decrypted.

Now it makes sense!

Compound, did you give us the debug binaries for your Windows tool? I looked at the Windows Event Viewer and apparently it's a debug version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatecompvir View Post
    Compound, did you give us the debug binaries for your Windows tool? I looked at the Windows Event Viewer and apparently it's a debug version.
    I did yeah, need to look at why my release build is crashing. sorry preoccupied with lots of things. did you try the vis studio project?

Turns out my Visual Studio isn't even installed... When can you provide a release version?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatecompvir View Post
    Turns out my Visual Studio isn't even installed... When can you provide a release version?
    I'm working on it, it appears to be crashing, so trying to debug now.

Unfortunately I have to go out now. can't seem to run in release.

int inf(u8 *source, int source_size, u8 *dest, int* dest_size)

ret = inflateInit(&strm);

seems to be the culprit in it crashing, but without zlibs debug symbols and without a bit more time i can't determine why this is. my source is on the previous page, so maybe someone else can take over, should be back tomorrow at some point to continue.

sorry guys

There's one now in the OP that works. Good job for your work though compound. I appreciate it

Forgive me, but am I understanding this right. That there is a slim chance that you guys cauld maybe be able to backword engineer singed sony firmware, then add some extras of your own, then repack it and hopfully we can then use that FW on our ps3 giving us the chance of installing maybe other os.

Because I really do hope so, as I have a ps3 60gig with the 4 usb's and card reader. now with a 500gig drive and fw3.41. no blue ray tho, and would love to install Yellow dog linux without useing a jailbreak, that I dont have. lol. Thank god its the christmas break and you guys are finding the time to work on this aswell. Thanks.

merry sliffmas all.

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News