Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Based on the chart here ([Register or Login to view links]) it's the same as the SX28AC/DP-G (except for the rail tray quantity) so the SX28AC/SS-G will be fine.

However, if you don't own an SX Tech Board you will have to find another way to program the chip... and no, don't ask how, because common sense tells you if you are trying to replicate what xorloser did you should buy the required programmer in the first place.

CJPC bought the listed programmer, as will most others who do this... but honestly, if you just want the PS3 HV dump to examine I'd wait until someone dumps it and shares it instead of buying the materials and equipment to do it.
    well i think that your 100% right. We just need to wait.. So thank you. Well i just to buy this parts:

SX Tech Tool Kit
    10ohm resistor

And thats all??

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    it's a very great work!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    well i think that your 100% right. We just need to wait.. So thank you. Well i just to buy this parts:

SX Tech Tool Kit
    10ohm resistor

And thats all??
    Correct, the SX Tech Tool Kit ([Register or Login to view links]) comes with everything else you need, including the oscillator to drive the SX28 chip at 50MHz.

That's is a really nice news, i won't buy that controller cause it would be useless to me right now. People were saying that HV stuff was useless for really hacking ps3 but if we are still working on it: something nice can be done with this?

Are we able to find those "fabulous" keys? Hopes are all with you DEVS.

Quote Originally Posted by cenoxdj View Post
    People were saying that HV stuff was useless for really hacking ps3 but if we are still working on it: something nice can be done with this?
    Until PS3 Devs are able to examine it, nobody really knows how useful/useless it is honestly... but it's best to remain optimistic of course.

This whole process of getting the GeoHot exploit to run successfully is just being done to obtain the HV dump... after which the real examination will begin.

Lightbulb dsPIC and PICKIT2 clone programmer

For those ones interested on trying it, it will be cheaper if you buy one dsPIC30F4012 microcontroller from Microchip and build a PICKIT2 clone programmer to set it up. Microcontroller $5, build programmer $10, you will find them on any electronics store.

The dsPIC has a 7.37MHz RC internal oscillator and combined with the PLLx16 you will get 117.92MHz, which then, you have to divide by 4 to get the instruction cycle about 33.9ns.

The info for the programmer is on: [Register or Login to view links]

good luck devs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jorgehef View Post
    For those ones interested on trying it, it will be cheaper if you buy one dsPIC30F4012 microcontroller from Microchip and build a PICKIT2 clone programmer to set it up. Microcontroller $5, build programmer $10, you will find them on any electronics store.

The dsPIC has a 7.37MHz RC internal oscillator and combined with the PLLx16 you will get 117.92MHz, which then, you have to divide by 4 to get the instruction cycle about 33.9ns.

The info for the programmer is on: [Register or Login to view links]

good luck devs!!!
    Thanks for this ! It's great to see that we're finding more easy and cheaper ways to replicate this exploit. Just a question here: Why didn't Geohot shared lv0/lv1/HV dumps with the devs over here? Wouldn't it have made you guys save some time?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by daveribz View Post
    Just a question here: Why didn't Geohot shared lv0/lv1/HV dumps with the devs over here? Wouldn't it have made you guys save some time?
    Read/reply HERE for that topic... let's keep this thread focused on xorloser's SX28 guide discussion. You are correct though, it would have saved everyone about 2 weeks of wasted time.

Thumbs Up

very good job guys, but i can't be helpful by the way

Hmm... i bet sony will fix it like nintendo did in the Wii...

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News