Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Big Grin wow

Sponsored Links
    I love seeing this. Man you guys are good. this is so cool.. keep up all the work. thanks!

Sponsored Links

Red Face

Sponsored Links
    He wrote that 5 volts will crash ps3 at boot... so where to get 6-9 volts? i don't have an a tester... to test where i can find voltage that i need... so please help? So and we need to program it?? So i think its more difficult that 555 one? ha? Please help... i will buy it tomorrow and assemble it and go to test it !

Well i just need:

SX28AC/SS-G
    10ohm resistor
    Led (but wich one??)
    Button

Is that it? And i still cant understand what is "thing" that on top of picture near to 6-9volts... so i just do not need to do that? or its part of something? (led or and e.t.c)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The "thing" at the top is ground, connect that to the PS3's ground.

You will also need a programmer for the SX28, as well as a 50mhz resonator to set the clock speed of the chip. xorloser did not use one as he used the SX28 development kit, which has one built in (essentially).

As for 6-9 volts, you "might" be able to use a 9V battery (maybe), or any external 6-9V DC source!

well... on his pic its like 2 wires that must be wired to ps3's grounds? I say like on top one must be connected to ps3 ground... and left one too?

And well to program it i have to know programming? And where i must to wire 50mhz resonator? And which led i have to use?

this helps a lot.. thanks, lots of good progress now. very excited to see what else is gonna happen soon with the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    well... on his pic its like 2 wires that must be wired to ps3's grounds? I say like on top one must be connected to ps3 ground... and left one too?

And well to program it i have to know programming? And where i must to wire 50mhz resonator? And which led i have to use?
    You might want to wait for someone to make something more user friendly, the ground lines get tied together, so any line going to ground - goes to ground.

The LED should not matter too much - you could probably get away without it if you really wanted to. The 50mhz resonator needs to get wired into pins 26 and 27 I believe (check the datasheet).

To program it - no , you dont need to know programming. xorloser was nice enough to give the full source code, you can just compile it and flash it onto the SX28.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    To program it - no , you dont need to know programming. xorloser was nice enough to give the full source code, you can just compile it and flash it onto the SX28.
    well and where to get this code?

And so actually i can go by easy way so i can just place 50ghz resonator and just do not worry about program sx28? so actually it is so expensive it cost like 90$!! this is not much cheaper... so.. well xorloser just used led to see how its working or something?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    well and where to get this code?
    Either you didn't fully read the Tutorial or you missed the link in it.

Go back, take your time, and read it... searching for the hyperlinked words "SX28 sourcecode" in it near the bottom.

As I mentioned the other day, it's cheaper than the GeoHot FPGA way ($150-200 range) as this only costs $50-100 for the parts.

Question

So can i buy CHIP only? not board like CHIP only? can i use this one SX28AC/SS-G?

Arrow

Based on the chart here ([Register or Login to view links]) it's the same as the SX28AC/DP-G (except for the rail tray quantity) so the SX28AC/SS-G will be fine.

However, if you don't own an SX Tech Board you will have to find another way to program the chip... and no, don't ask how, because common sense tells you if you are trying to replicate what xorloser did you should buy the required programmer in the first place.

CJPC bought the listed programmer, as will most others who do this... but honestly, if you just want the PS3 HV dump to examine I'd wait until someone dumps it and shares it instead of buying the materials and equipment to do it.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News