Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mondoparalelo View Post
    Perhaps some people on Mathieulh's team can do a part of the hacking that Geohot ain't able to. Do you know something we don't, boss?
    Well, it's not that they can do what GeoHot can't, but they can do it faster and devote time to the more tedious things like reversals... whether they share their work with GeoHot remains to be seen though.

Question

So this part of the ram is not signed?

Well, being able to use custom strings is essential for future CFWs, but I wonder if he can also place the string somewhere else on the screen?

The fact that George and Matty boy are working alone and not sharing means it's all the more important to update regularly to show he's still interested/working on it. So even though he didn't say anything, it's good to know he's doing something.

Arrow

Some more related comments:
    geohot
    When I posted this, I didn't know the PS3 had real custom themes (what I get for not actually being a user). This is how custom themes worked on the PSP pre firmware 3.70.
    knightsolidus
    geohot, you can extract the nand via software (linux) or hardware... its for prevent a brick... for not have a brick you first need a backup of the cxd chip (its the real flash) and you can access at that in the test points, that have 18 address points, 16 data points... The cxd chip its 2Gbits and the flash samsung are 2x1Gbits.... understand?
    knightsolidus
    Hi!!! you now can change a bit on flash for launch the service mode, and now can be installed the firmware debug full... but i think the hardware its different.
    Mathieulh
    You can't just flash a debug firmware in, flags are checked by the coreos, if you do not have the proper flags set, the firmware wont boot and your ps3 will brick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidusnake666 View Post
    So this part of the ram is not signed?
    Mathieulh
    rcos were used which are vsh resource files. No, rcos are neither signed nor encrypted.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    The fact that George and Matty boy are working alone and not sharing means it's all the more important to update regularly to show he's still interested/working on it. So even though he didn't say anything, it's good to know he's doing something.
    yes, in a certain way... the "non sharing" mentality is useless for all the scene.... this guys is one the smartest i ever heard about, but for me is not acting like he could/would have to...

Great work, i hope his method of dumping lvl2 and lvl2 dumps will leaked soon.

Great news, the good thing about this thing as I see it is that it is an indication that GeoHot is still in the works. The fact that he does not share his work is a bummer.

I appreciate the little hints and tips, but this is something that has already been done. So progress/workload and experimentation (other than changing text) could move alot faster with a larger dev base.

Just hope that at some point in the near future that someone who has access to the lv2 dump will share.

Like someone has said, I think its much more impressive if its not just an xml edit, and it is a hex string change. Either way its still progress.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast