Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think GeoHot is the one to blame for this. Without his PS3 hack this never happened. Now he try to play the hero with a custom firmware.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Software PS2 emulation, SACD playback, and OtherOS support are all just software switches you can flip.
    SACD support requires a special optical pickup that was removed starting with the 40 GB PS3. I wouldn't expect someone that didn't know the PS3 has custom themes to know that though. And I'd love to see his evidence that Sony has a production-ready pure-software PS2 emulator ready. Yeah, we've seen some suspicious file names, but that's it. OtherOS support, well, we know why that's being removed.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What is really funny is how immature people get in every discussion on every forum in the world. I think that is what is really funny. Who cares.

Like I said before if you are using it just for Linux than go buy a computer. You would have saved yourself money.

What is so great about using linux on the ps3 that you cant do on a computer minus the cell processor's power?

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    "It only does half of what it used to"

*SACD Support (NOPE)
    *PS2 Emulation (NOPE)
    *Linux (NOPE)

another joke for april fools day.

Quote Originally Posted by kablooey View Post
    I think GeoHot is the one to blame for this. Without his PS3 hack this never happened. Now he try to play the hero with a custom firmware.
    I think we're also the ones to blame everyday begging for the ps3 to be hacked, the "Ipod God" tried to grant this wish, and sony robbed us of $300.. so now its:

1. update & lose $300 worth of stuff that was included in a launch date console.

2. dont update & wait on the idea of a CWF

or

3. lose another $300 & buy ANOTHER ps3, so you can enjoy your brand new slim that "JUST DOES NOT A THING"

my advice, learn to fix YLOD ps3's! its the only way to benefit from sony sticking it to you.

hey guys, if the ps3 is going to be hacked. it will be hacked with linux or without.. man made it man can break it.
    Last edited by proskopina; 03-29-2010 at 07:40 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by kablooey View Post
    Umm, the exploit was released AFTER when the Slim came out. Yet the Slim version never had OtherOS support. So, it's unlikely that Sony removed OtherOS from Slim because of security concerns because like what I said, the exploit wasn't released back then.

Blame Sony for removing an advertised feature that you bought PS3 for...

now that i think about it, it may be possible for a class action lawsuit, Sony did push the whole " install Linux on ps3" which prompted consumers to buy it, not to mention the price tag that came with it.

it can be done, "i need to be compensated for the loss occurred due to Sony's malicious ploy to rob first adopting consumers. i was mislead by Sony, when they advertised that online was free & i could install the Linux OS. i feel like i bought a car, & once i got it home, the manufacture call 3 years later, & told me where taking the radio, seat belts, doors, & tires."

I can do a way better job of sounding victimized in person.

Why would sony wait 9 months to remove something that they could of done in August at the slim launch? for giggles? sony had no problem leaving in other os until news of geohot's hack broke out.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News