Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by red8316 View Post
    Got a video for those interested.
    I have now added it to the first post- Thanks red8316.

Sponsored Links

Language change

Sponsored Links
    Just wanted to help out those who may have ran into similar issues. If you have a game that is incapable of changing language through PS3 menus (Burnout Paradise Pal version as an example).

Follow this and it is should change dialogue and menus back to english. These 3 items need to be modified:

1-PARAM.SFO
    2-PS3_DISC.SFB
    3-GAME_FOLDER (to BCUS98119)
    as per instructions below

To unlock other languages (English), you have to change the game ID to BCUS98119.

1 - For this we use an application called PS3SFOEdit, execute the program and open the file inside the folder PS3_GAME \ PARAM.SFO
    Then just change where it says Disc Title ID: put BCUS-98119, save the file.

2 - Now open Notepad and changed the PS3_DISC.SFB Disc Title ID for BCUS-98119.

3 - Then just create a folder on an external disk or transfer to internal GAMEZ folder (renamed BCUS98119 like usual)

Let me know if this fixes it. You should be able to apply this to other games as well to get whatever language u want out of them.

I do not take credit for this, Bishoff found it (i believe) anyways. If you take the Disc Title ID and change it (there's a whole list in the eboot file post) from PAL to the NTSC counterpart and in the PS3_DISC.SFB, and the folder directory it will change it to the desired language.

just wanted to help out if someone had this issue and wanted to give back to the community
    Last edited by venomous2005; 09-18-2010 at 06:34 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    For those who use Gamezplorer Backup Manager by neofar, I made a small mod for it to work with the /GAMES folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is looking pretty good! It seems every day I look on here there's something new that's pushing things even further!

Thanx

thanks!

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News