Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Alibaba123 View Post
    If he pulls this one off, he's gonna be a legend
    Nothing "legendary" about that really - FTP server is already available for PS3 and all what needs to be done is to add FTP library in the PC app to have direct access rather than using the stand alone FTP client

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'd like to see an app that lets you move games from external to internal. and back and forth.. using the ps3. aka a file manager

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just a heads up... If you prefer to keep the local copy of your backups somewhere other than GAMEZ on the root of one of your hdds, you can use the 'subst' command to solve it. I keep mine in D:\PS3\GAMEZ and a quick 'subst P: D:\PS3' at the command line prior to running Gamezplorer makes it see a new P: virtual drive with the games at the right place. Sure I could move my GAMEZ dir to the root of one of my hdds, but subst solves it.

Quote Originally Posted by bl0wme View Post
    is there anyway of running backups without a disc in the drive?

i've got the error 80010514 =[
    keep reading that, why what's the prob leaving a disk in the drive?? its not a hardship unless ya have never bought a game which is just wrong!

Isn't there a way to map an FTP server as a network drive? that would eliminate the need to add ftp to the software. Windows or any other software would take care of it that way

Matter of fact... there is a software that maps ftp's as drives: netdrive.net

Can somebody try it and confim? My PS3 is not jbed yet. I'm waiting for 3.15 support
    Last edited by Ombra; 09-15-2010 at 11:37 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Why not just develop a PC FTP Server (or use a free one already available), and then create the managing application on the PS3? That way you can do all the managing directly on the PS3 itself, and you can connect to the PC's FTP server when you want to transfer files.

That would be a more solid solution, and you wouldn't have to worry about if it's made for PC, Linux, MAC etc since there are free FTP servers available for all platforms I'm sure.

Of course, developing the application on the PS3 could be more difficult I suppose, which is why I'm assuming they went with a PC-side solution.

Either way, That FTP support should be priority as the program is useless for all internal users without it.

Another suggestion, if possible, would be access to the PS3's HDD using a direct USB-to-USB connection. It would be convenient for internal HDD owners, since there may not always be a readily available network to stream FTP files over.

FTP option would be the cherry on the cake, as it'll be easier to manage back ups. Well neofar for creating a useful app.

I've been working on a similiar program that would allow you to copy the files directly from the blu-ray (I believe we've determined that the eboot.bin will be decrypted - I'll test tonight) to your local pc. Based on the size of the files it would then allow you to copy it to your internal or external drive on the PS3.

I have the FTP back and forth working properly I just need to put a pretty front end on it like this program has.

You can only get an accurate size of the files once they're on the PC because the PS3 improperly displays files larger than 4gb.

I don't want to steal the original person's thunder but I can also incorporate the features that they've shown (including modifying files).

I was also going to ask the developers of the newly proposed compatibility database if I could hook into it to download the known file sizes.

Planned features:

"Ripping" files from Blu-ray disk.
    Copying files to/from the PC and PS3 (internal or external).
    "File management" - storing game information locally on PC (multiple locations).
    "PUP" removal - this would save 262mb per disk.
    Remote Play modifications.
    Directory renaming.

You'd obviously have to have the FTP client running on your PS3 to accomplish most of this....

Please let me know if there is interest in such a project or if you'd like additional features.

I'm a bored .NET developer -- I need a new side project

Smile

I'll have to try this app out.

Quote Originally Posted by namdlo View Post
    I've been working on a similiar program that would allow you to copy the files directly from the blu-ray (I believe we've determined that the eboot.bin will be decrypted - I'll test tonight) to your local pc. Based on the size of the files it would then allow you to copy it to your internal or external drive on the PS3.
    Hmm this sounds nice... if you got the time count me in for a beta

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News