Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

GameData Tool PS3 Homebrew Application is Now Available

Sponsored Links
    Today PlayStation 3 developer andbey0nd has released a GameData Tool PS3 homebrew application which allows users to install PKG files in their desired locations.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: Today, we get word of a new amazing and very useful app called gameDATA tool, released by developer andbey0nd.

Also we hear from the Dev that this handy app should also work for 3.41 users.

GameDATA app for PS3:
    • Allows the user to switch location of [game data] between internal HDD and first external USB HDD
    • Allows to install PSN games (or any application/pkg) to external USB HDD
    • Allows to get back to normal mode when you use "Ext. Game Data" option in multiMAN
    • Allows saving space on internal HDD

USAGE...

How to use after you install gameDATA.pkg:

Make sure that no payloads are loaded (do a clean PS3 restart).

1) If you wish to install stuff to external USB - launch the app from "Game Data Mode: [HDD]"
    2) You're now in USB MODE (the icon will change to USB device with "Game Data Mode: [USB]" title
    3) Install PSN games or launch games - their data will go to the external USB HDD/stick
    4) Play your PSN (or disc) games from external USB device
    5) Once you're done with the game, either reboot your PS3 or launch the "Game Data Mode: [USB]" to get back to normal mode

Enjoy!

AB

GameData Tool PS3 Homebrew Application is Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Asides from giving faster access to your data (PSN install) I really don't see the use for this tool ? I mean whats the point of it. Or am i missing something. Great job on the tool though. It does work neat and clean.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well for someone like me it's very useful since I can save some room on my Internal HDD by intsalling PKG files on the External HDD.

This homebrew is really useful, especially for me that i have an old 40 GB PS3

If I understand correctly this should also resolve the compatibility with some games that it was not possible to boot from external HD, simply awesome

yes, I have an 80GB ps3 and I don't have internal space to spare, installing the new god of war games and beyond good and evil on external will be a dream come true for me. I have a 2TB external drive

This is an awesome tool thankyou and it works wonderfully

i haven't tried it yet, but there shouldn't be the usual 4gb+ limit? there are no psn games/applications with such big files? and for who has tried it, once you close the psn game can you go back and start multiman or other games without rebooting? because if you try the external data option in multiman the only way to use other programs (that are not on the external hdd) is to reboot the ps3... quite annoying...

i installed the .pkg and when i go to the application it says Game Data Mode[USB], when i click it to run it,it changes to Game Data Mode[HDD] and i cant play any game cause all the apps or games become unrecognized... how does this actually works?

can someone be more specific? i mean, i have a lot of .pkg installed in my internal (over 50 gb) and of course i want to transfer them to my 2TB external... is that possible and how?any help will be appreciated...

Would this mean that emulators can now be launched from external devices?

Quote Originally Posted by hackme View Post
    i installed the .pkg and when i go to the application it says Game Data Mode[USB], when i click it to run it,it changes to Game Data Mode[HDD] and i cant play any game cause all the apps or games become unrecognized... how does this actually works?

can someone be more specific? i mean, i have a lot of .pkg installed in my internal (over 50 gb) and of course i want to transfer them to my 2TB external... is that possible and how?any help will be appreciated...
    you run this application and it changes the usb to be the "internal" hdd of the ps3 thus making unrecognizable the real ps3s internal hdd you have to run the program to switch back to your real hdd. So to install stuff to your usb disk you run this application before multiman or any other stuff that loads a payload, install the game like you would on the real hdd, but you will be really installing it to the usb disk. So anytime you want to run a game from usb you start your ps3 run this program and go play the installed game from the internal usb.

Okay I need to report a BUG: So I was playing god of war chain of olympus from the usb hdd, I installed like i previously described and each time I wanted to play I started the ps3 loaded the utility and then I went and my god of war game was there waiting for me. So I was playing and all of a sudden I dont know which area of the game I was breaking a statue and pointing the light through it, through a hole to be more specific and the game froze. Had to shutdown manually the ps3 and when I turned it back on the game was not installed...

I went to check with multiman filemanager and the game folder is there on my usb disk but its not appearing on the list of games I can play. Any help?
    Last edited by adrianc1982; 11-05-2011 at 01:47 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News