Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Game file encryption using the PS3 Debug/Test console (Development Kit)

Sponsored Links
    I am interesting very much in game (GTA IV) files encryption, so just only want to ask is it possible or not to do this using PS3 Developmet Kit (Debug/Test console).

Game files can be copied from original PS3 Blue-Ray disc to cumputer using usual BL-R/RW. But all problem is in fact that all files are stored in encrypted mode on disc (Sony protection or something like that).

I haven't got such device (and I don't need that really), but anyway want to encrypt files for next binary researching.

I can provide encrypted files if it is nesessary (probably you have the original game disc).

So, if somebody can help me with this, please, just write here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, using a PS3 Development console (TEST/TOOL), it will transparently decrypt data on the disk. Of course, to do this you need to use a system, as well as having the original game - alas you can not just burn a file to a disk and have it decrypt.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The reason why I am asking is very easy - I haven't got PS3 Development Kit console.

So, a lot of people has it here (and probably some of them has GTA IV) - can anybody help me and provide decrypted game files?

Of course I will not re-distribute them and will research myself.
    Last edited by Dageron; 07-24-2010 at 12:14 AM

Unfortunately we don't allow posting game files here, if you had a Debug PS3 others could assist you in how to obtain your own with it but without one there really isn't many options.

As you've likely guessed, most of the things covered in this section are geared for those with a Debug unit... for what it's worth though: a Debug user would actually need to be in posession of the physical disc in order to dump the decrypted files, sending someone the encrypted files wouldn't help them to do this with a Debug PS3 console.

Of course I understood situation that it is not legal to public decrypted game files (and copied from disc encrypted too).

So I am not insist, but anyway, if somebody has PS3 Development Kit and GTA IV, please, spend 5 minutes - load disk in "encryption mode" and send me this file in PM (hope that this will be allowed).

It will be very helpful. Next research is more understandable. I already can have acess to .self file disassembly. Encrypted files are just a "roadblock" for me.

Thanks in advance.

I needed to ask if i would be able to get the eboot using a debug console and a legit disk.

Also is there any way i can chat in private with any of the staff here or even yourself BOSS regarding a couple questions I need answered regarding the ps3?

What files exacly are you even looking for? GTA files aren't even encrypted.. Only the EBOOT and selfs are encrypted.. If your wanting to see the whole game decrypted just look at some xbox files they are the same on ps3 except for the EBOOT obviously..

Quote Originally Posted by Darny View Post
    I needed to ask if i would be able to get the eboot using a debug console and a legit disk.

Also is there any way i can chat in private with any of the staff here or even yourself BOSS regarding a couple questions I need answered regarding the ps3?
    If you have both a Debug PS3 and the original disc, then you should be able to... if you run into issues in doing so, CJPC or others who have done it can assist you further here.

As for private chatting, the only way to do so is via e-mail to me, but be aware I have never owned or used a Debug PS3 personally so you may wish to post any related questions here for others who can likely offer better help on that.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrr View Post
    What files exacly are you even looking for? GTA files aren't even encrypted.. Only the EBOOT and selfs are encrypted.. If your wanting to see the whole game decrypted just look at some xbox files they are the same on ps3 except for the EBOOT obviously..
    Are they really the same? Because if I remember right, in the case of MW2 the patch_mp.ff version for ps3 is not coded the same as the 360. Right? and default_mp.self and default_mp.xex arent the same? So Hunterrr are they the same?

Quote Originally Posted by davidhooper4 View Post
    Are they really the same? Because if I remember right, in the case of MW2 the patch_mp.ff version for ps3 is not coded the same as the 360. Right? and default_mp.self and default_mp.xex arent the same? So Hunterrr are they the same?
    Yes they are the same or very identical. and a PKG isn't a part of the iso...

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News