Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 85 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaia Manager

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    can anyone explain why modern warfare and modern warefare 2 can't be loaded with the backup manager ?

does someone know what is wrong , or what is missing to support that ?
    This was posted a few days ago but there doesn't seem to be a reply. I wanted to ask the same question.

Is it possible to play MW2 or not? I have read that there is not a playable backup of this game.

The one I have locks up the PS3 when trying to load. I use a PS3Break with HermesV4 and GM 1.03. As this is the only game I cannot get to load/play any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by felix11; 10-31-2010 at 08:42 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    modern warfare and modern warefare 2 cannot work. full stop.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    drizzt84,

could you possibly add a fix permissions button like the OBM 2 has? when i'm using ftp sometimes when doing 2 things in same folder, the 2nd time i mostly get some message it could not copy/move/delete...

then i have to open obm (single reason i still have it), fix permissions, close OBM again and startup ftp again

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    can i see my current payload version in the latest gaiamanager?

Quote Originally Posted by sakamoto View Post
    can i see my current payload version in the latest gaiamanager?
    You can only know if you are using new pl3 or not.

i wish a fix permissions for the ftp and times when the eboot.bin can be fixed when i can't be found.

Why can't a PL3 be made that everyone can use and then the permissions will stay the same. Then it will be working for everyone and not only for some people. Something to restore the permissions like it should be.

hoping for it to happen!!

Does anyone know if I'd be able to play a game that requires 3.42 with this? Such as Fist of the North Star...

Quote Originally Posted by timberman View Post
    i wish a fix permissions for the ftp and times when the eboot.bin can be fixed when i can't be found.

Why can't a PL3 be made that everyone can use and then the permissions will stay the same. Then it will be working for everyone and not only for some people. Something to restore the permissions like it should be.

hoping for it to happen!!
    Infact it does it.

It restores permissions when needed.

Ok but why doesn't it work for me and many of my friends? The payload blocks the BDCOVERS for some people so the covers don't show on gaia. You can open it on Ftp. when you install gaia booted with the payload it doesn't have permissions to make the directory BDRIPS or GAMEZ

Only way to do that is to change payload and maybe that changes the permissions

Moh works for some but for others the disc becomes grey and not working. it's the same with Star wars. i works for some and for other it doesn't.

everyone have the same Gaia 1.03.1 and no-unauth-syscall payload. so the permissions is different. his has to be able to restore and make i the same.

i don't know what else the problems is. Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by timberman View Post
    i don't know what else the problems is. Does anyone know?
    It is very simple. With the no_unauth_syscall_payload you dont have root access to the system. So you end up on something like userlevel on retail/debug console.

Developers are only able to let their games store data in the /dev_hdd0/game directory via some tool called the game_data_creation_utillity . Sony enforces that with permissions settings on the folders.

So the only way to access something in /dev_hdd0/ with the no_unauth_syscall_payload is to first boot up with some payload, which has the root patch enabled, than fix the permissions and than boot again with no_unauth_syscall_payload.

drizzt, wouldn't it be much more convenient to store everything in /dev_hdd0/game?

As the user can run everything just fine without root access, i see no reason for messing with the file system and unnecessarily alter permissions...

Sponsored Links

Page 85 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News