Thread: Gaia Manager

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thank you for the new version !

I will give it a try immediately.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    drizzt: I noticed when compiling with 3.41 SDK it will not actually push the game dir you want.

IE. make WITH_GAMES_DIR=GAMEZ

when I compile with 1.92 it works fine.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi everyone.. I have hermes 4b (and an xplain board) I had been running gaia 1.0.1 but today I had a strange thing happen to my PS3, when I tried loading a game, ANY game, it would tell me that I did NOT have enough hard drive space on my PS3 to play the game.. happened with every single game, so I asked here what the problem could be and someone told me that the gaia 1.0.1 had that issue so I went back down to 1.0 and now everything is fine, that issue has been resolved.

now I am wondering if I upgrade to 1.0.2 does that issue still exist or has it been resolved? The only reason I had upgraded in the first place was because with 1.0.1 I was told that it automatically patches the param file so that 3.42 games will work so I guess 1.0 does not do that.. but does 1.0.2?

This is for those of you who are having issues playing Medal of Honor...

1. Okay! I got it working. Here is what I did. Using PS3break with hermes v4b and Gaia Manager 1.0.2. This works on external easy to install and no need to install everytime!

2. I also deleted this file: Here is the directory of install.pkg I deleted BLUS-30436\PS3_GAME\PKGDIR\PKG00 (I actually deleted everything inside PKGDIR folder)

3. Edited the SFO file with sfo editor. Go into advanced tab and change it to 3.41 (that's the only thing you wanna touch)

4. Make sure you got an original game in the drive, Load Gaia Manager, press L1 "turns on hack mode" and press X to load Medal of Honor.

5. Now on the PS3 home menu press X to load game, it will install some data required and that's it ^_^ Good game! Fun!

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by spiktsu View Post
    WORKS FLAWLESLY, thanks mate!!

Lightbulb

drizzt84 what do you think about a thread for suggestions and wishes?

these things will get lost in here :-)

Quote Originally Posted by spiktsu View Post

1. Okay! I got it working. Here is what I did. Using PS3break with hermes v4b and Gaia Manager 1.0.2. This works on external easy to install and no need to install everytime!

2. I also deleted this file: Here is the directory of install.pkg I deleted BLUS-30436\PS3_GAME\PKGDIR\PKG00 (I actually deleted everything inside PKGDIR folder)

3. Edited the SFO file with sfo editor. Go into advanced tab and change it to 3.41 (that's the only thing you wanna touch)

4. Make sure you got an original game in the drive, Load Gaia Manager, press L1 "turns on hack mode" and press X to load Medal of Honor.

5. Now on the PS3 home menu press X to load game, it will install some data required and that's it ^_^ Good game! Fun!
    It's USELESS to change SFO by hand since gaia 1.01!

Quote Originally Posted by drizzt84 View Post
    It's USELESS to change SFO by hand since gaia 1.01!
    That's what I was going to say. MoH ran just like any other game for me after I deleted the 4gb+ file.

(copied from PC to external hdd, loaded gaia 1.01, selected MoH and it installed the game data and loaded no probs) with hermes v4b.

Is this one of the reasons why GAIA will not create the /dev_hdd0/BDRIPS directory? It seems to have some issues which are possibly permissions related which will not let me use this directory for some reason.

I was previously using OBM v1.17.2, and I installed GAIA v1.02 for the first time today. It seems to work fine if I point it to my OMAN directory, but I was hoping to use BDRIPS as the new point of storage.

GAIA doesn't seem to create this directory or have write permissions to it. Not sure why, but I also tried copying a disc I have (GT5 Prologue) and it failed. I will try again tonight using a backup from a USB HDD and see if it's any different.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or is there a bug in this version of GAIA?

Edit: OK something weird going on. No backup managers installed whatsoever, using latest PL3.

Install GAIA pkg, either BDRIPS or GAMEZ. Says the dir is /dev_hdd0/BDRIPS or /dev_hdd0/GAMEZ respectively as expected.

However this directory is never created, and doesn't exist. Try to copy a game off disc or USB HDD and it fails as the directory isn't there and it can't create it. Can confirm this using Blackbox FTP. Try to create either of these directories using Blackbox, and I get a permissions error.

Create a GAMEZ directory inside the GAIA directory using Blackbox FTP, hit select + start, and it sees the new directory. Can copy games either from disc or from USB HDD. Tested releases back to RC9, all having the same issue.

Is this something specific to PL3 or is there a bug somewhere I am missing? I was under the impression that GAIA would create these directories, but for whatever reasons it seems there are file permission issues.

For your reference this PS3 is on 3.41.

Thanks for all your hard work!
    Last edited by lombers; 10-24-2010 at 11:18 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by lombers View Post
    Install GAIA pkg, either BDRIPS or GAMEZ. Says the dir is /dev_hdd0/BDRIPS or /dev_hdd0/GAMEZ respectively as expected.

However this directory is never created, and doesn't exist. Try to copy a game off disc or USB HDD and it fails as the directory isn't there and it can't create it. Can confirm this using Blackbox FTP. Try to create either of these directories using Blackbox, and I get a permissions error.

Create a GAMEZ directory inside the GAIA directory using Blackbox FTP, hit select + start, and it sees the new directory. Can copy games either from disc or from USB HDD. Tested releases back to RC9, all having the same issue.

Is this something specific to PL3 or is there a bug somewhere I am missing? I was under the impression that GAIA would create these directories, but for whatever reasons it seems there are file permission issues.

For your reference this PS3 is on 3.41.
    I think that the problem is the payload. There are some users who said that they are having problem with permissions on ftp. Maybe is a bug on the payload.

Look at this post, is about the permission problem.
    Last edited by FMAranda; 10-24-2010 at 12:04 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News