Page 52 of 125 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaia Manager

Quote Originally Posted by kojakoool View Post
    so...the update gaia manager v1.02 RC3 is legit?Im gonna try this one!
    Yes, it is real. I tested and also drizzt84 posted that it was same as v1.02 will be without the new background. Soon v1.02 will be released.

BTW cover download worked flawlessly. Great features just keep on coming.

drizzt84 great work, keep it up.

ps. I saw in another loader where it had an ini of options on where games were located and it could pop up the ps3 entry screen so you could type a location for stuff. Maybe could copy the code in this to use for allow user to change settings for this app.

Quote Originally Posted by mgrimmenator View Post
    Yes, it is real. I tested and also drizzt84 posted that it was same as v1.02 will be without the new background. Soon v1.02 will be released.

BTW cover download worked flawlessly. Great features just keep on coming.

drizzt84 great work, keep it up.

ps. I saw in another loader where it had an ini of options on where games were located and it could pop up the ps3 entry screen so you could type a location for stuff. Maybe could copy the code in this to use for allow user to change settings for this app.
    Actually I'm saving the settings in a .cfg file (almost ini format) so if you upgrade gaia manager you don't have to reselect the game directory, and it 's also used keep the previously selected settings (such as FTP, discless, mem patch, etc)

I am switching from Open manager to Gaia Manager. I would have thought it would be as easy as installing the compiled pkg file but I keep reading things about game directories being deleted etc. Can someone point me in the right direction for instructions on how to safely switch. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onyxx View Post
    I am switching from Open manager to Gaia Manager. I would have thought it would be as easy as installing the compiled pkg file but I keep reading things about game directories being deleted etc. Can someone point me in the right direction for instructions on how to safely switch. thanks
    same here. i have +20 games on my ps3 located in OMANxxxx/GAMEZ and i'm bit scared to install Gaia as it could erase all my games. Can someone who switch managers explain how things are done ? tnx

Gaia manager uses a DIFFERENT title id than Open Manager, so you can install both gaia manager AND open manager WITHOUT any games deletion.

Obliviously if you uninstall open manager you will LOSE the games, I suggest to move GAMEZ directory to /dev_hdd0/GAMEZ using blackb0x ftp or awesome filemanager

Quote Originally Posted by drizzt84 View Post
    Gaia manager uses a DIFFERENT title id than Open Manager, so you can install both gaia manager AND open manager WITHOUT any games deletion.

Obliviously if you uninstall open manager you will LOSE the games, I suggest to move GAMEZ directory to /dev_hdd0/GAMEZ using blackb0x ftp or awesome filemanager
    Thanks for the help

Gaia won't download and/or replace any covers you already have right? i.e. if I have COVER.PNG in my game directory and it displays exactly the way I want but accidentally hit select it won't download and overwrite will it?

I'm not sure what mechanism you're using for auto download but I know that one of the other manager's has the feature and it would download from a repository that had all kinds of mislabeled and wrong titleid's in the filenames for the wrong covers (different region) and it's just a giant mess. Not to mention there's no distinction most of the time by titleid for different editions of a game.

Sports Champions only works discless with the mem patch, and that option is only available when using hermes payloads. any chance on fixing this? it would be perfect.

drizzt84 Have you received my email ?

Where can I find 1.02 rc3? been searching for half an hour..