Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 42 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaia Manager

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Now with version 1.0 Tekken 6 starts without disc.

Fight Night Round 4 only starts with discless and direct boot on.
    GOW III, Blur, Pain, Prince of Persia and Enslaved are not working without BR.

but why?

I'm using PL3

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've just got a minimus today... So, I've compiled the psgroove + PL3 from Kakaroto and the Gaia Manager (using sdk 1.72).

I could backup the only two games in disk I have: "Motorstorm Pacific Rift" and "Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction"...

But always when I try to launch any of them from the Gaia Manager, with or without disk less option activated, also with or without the original disk inserted, I always get back to the XMB after a while... no success.

I've also tried with Hermes V4, and with Hermes V3... no success.

I imagine I'm doing something simple false... or I've got two bad examples of games to backup... :S

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mick711 View Post
    Just why you use 1.16 OpenManager for the last Gaia ? I see 1.0RC use 1.17 .

Thanks for your great Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by drizzt84
    RC10 Features:
    Merge from OpenBM 1.17.1 to fix discless mode without any discless menu option (pl3 only)
    You should read the whole first post..

Quote Originally Posted by hhspectrum View Post
    But always when I try to launch any of them from the Gaia Manager, with or without disk less option activated, also with or without the original disk inserted, I always get back to the XMB after a while... no success.
    Hope i've not missed something here (been at least 24 hours since i last looked through this thread) but...
    Isn't this just a simple case of - you've not set it to direct boot, so you just need to hover over */App_Home/PS3_Game in XMB and you should see that it changes to your game - then run that and your game should start.

I believe Direct boot mode, should result in the game starting directly from the manager.

PSPSwampy.

I understood that very few games works with the "direct boot" mode.

Anyway, with the only two that I've tried, using direct boot resulted in a blank (black) screen and freeze...

I imagine that this is not the problem.

So in V1.0, how do we run a game in patched mode? Do we run it from the icon above the disc icon in the XMB?

hhspectrum & ash x: As i said before - i think you just need to hover over */App_Home/PS3_Game in XMB, which will after a second or two change to the icon/background of your game - then you just press x and it should start. That's how i ran my backup of GTA anyway.

But again as i said before - i've been out of the loop a little, so this may have changed.

Thank you very much ach x!!! I was already going to bed when i realised how stupid and "newbie" I was...

All the time it was working... so when we press "launch", the correct is that we are back to the XMB and then we can execute whatever is in the PS3_GAME directory...

I tested and it worked just fine!

Game: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
    Disk less: on
    Direct Boot: off

Sorry to have asked such a newbie question... I just got started today...

Many thanks to all! (specially for the homebrew developers...)

drizztbsd: just checked your last change with the IP "disconnected"... It was looking strange when I tested before. Nice!

Thanks!
    Last edited by hhspectrum; 10-20-2010 at 06:43 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by farenheit View Post
    They're logs of console usage etc that are sent to sony on boot-up:
    [...]
    You could clean them at/or Manager start-up and/or Manager shutdown.
    I agree. This would be a good feature. Although there are no ban acts by Sony yet, this would give a lot of people a better feeling about using your manager and being online at the same time!

Also, could you make a statement about whether it is possible or not to include RemotePlay support? Usually it works with a little editing of the param.sfo with the "SFO editor", but it doesnt seem to work with your application.

Log cleaning would be great feature to add - but I think you should get directory listing first rather than just assume only 5 profiles exist (I have 10 on my console!) or loop through incrementing the profile number by 1 until you can't find a directory of the same name.

or alternatively, assuming there is a DIR equivalent for ps3, simply get listing of all folders in dev_hdd0/home/* and clear those logs in each one where the subfolder is numeric and >0 ?

I'm assuming here that sony let you discover directories in a similar way to "DIR" or .NET's Path/Directory classes. Not a C coder myself, but should be relatively straight-forward.

IMO Something like this should be included in ALL homebrew apps really - maybe if you code up a nice function to do it, you could submit it to the team developing the HB toolchain?

PSPSwampy.

Sponsored Links

Page 42 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News