Page 10 of 125 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaia Manager

So let me clear something... When using hermes v3 code + wananiko (sorry if I mispelled it), we can download updates directly from PSN and the games work .. !?! Just wanting to clear this ..

Yes, and by the looks of the way things are progressing, a new hermes payload will be available very soon. Some forum members here have already updated the payload, so now even FIFA 11 updates properly!

Quote Originally Posted by xbox1080 View Post
    new version doesn't support /dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/
    doesn't support /dev_usb/gamez
    if people are too lazy to click and drag a folder into another one (it takes less than 2 seconds), then maybe all the lazy people could band together and make lazy manager, the first backup manager that allows you to just yell into your tv whatever directory you want to use for backups.

seriously, how hard do you think this really is?

I am using a backup manager I found on this very site (can't find the thread right now, but I can upload the .pkg if anyone wants to take a look) that come with an "option.ini" file. You just have to edit a simple text file in order to change where it looks for the games, or homebrew, and I think it also allow Avchd files for movies, but I don't use that function.

Would it be possible to do the same (or something similar) in the next release? It would allow easy customization and control over the manager. And quicker than moving folders

It's not laziness - the change to Gaia seems odd and unnecessary. It used to let you use the same directory as open manager, and now it doesn't. I wanted to use the same directory since I could use Open Manager and Gaia together, now I can't. Gaia used to let you use not only its own directory but also the OpenManager one.

It's not really the point of laziness, it's just everybody who that is anybody that has create their own form of OM has used a different DIR it get repetitive. But as we all know that is their way of saying use mine not his, the more advanced users would just go into the code and change it their self, so there is not really a reason for name calling, but then we really know you meant nothing by it.

Yeah right not very hard and you OM release comes out when, If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
    Last edited by bitsbubba; 10-13-2010 at 08:10 PM

i didn't get any of that except the last bit. anyway, it takes longer to download a BM, transfer it to your usb storage device, and then install it, than it takes to change your backups directory. so 'nuff said.

just get over it or compile your own. (not to you or anyone else in particular, of course)

any screenshots of this Gaia Manager? Currently using OM1.16 by moh... but it looks like this one, though was behind OM in support before, is now overtaking OM with its compatability? Or is there still some issues that OM resolves that Gaia Manager has not yet sorted for some games?

I personally think that everybody should at least take the time to learn how to compile these managers. Once the environment is setup, it's not hard.

This is why I was always asking Jurai to release his code, so I could learn. By looking through the source of the available managers, you will soon see the differences between and make changes to the manager you use.

I for one can't code anything so I learnt to at least compile (once you have done it for one, you can do it for most as the code is pretty much the same) and anything you don't understand, ask the relevant developer instead of requesting them to build a new version with the changes.

If you explain that you want to do it yourself and ask them what they/where they made the changes, they will tell you or just wait for their source code.

I have my packages (ones with source) all install to official $ony ID's (games I will never play like Armoured Core) by editing the .conf and SFO and my games folder outside of the package directory (by looking at the source).

If I can't do it, I will ask but not until I have least tried it myself.

If you don't like where the Manager installs, change it. If you don't like the directory for games, change it.

The best solution is to help yourself. By taking the time to read and try it. I can now compile my own packages and compile my own hex for my board. I no longer have to wait for someone to compile them for me, the only thing I have to wait for is updated sources.

Just be patient and try it.

Cheers,
    JonahUK.
    Last edited by JonahUK; 10-13-2010 at 08:38 PM Reason: typo

that would be AVCHD and game manager (by dean) found here http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ve-113636.html

just a question about the new DIRs if and when we get online with the PSN will Sone see these DIRs and delete them they don't really seem hidden.
    Last edited by bitsbubba; 10-13-2010 at 08:56 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 10 of 125 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast