I have created a custom firmware that after the program finish to create it you can find it in the fwautopatch folder i read that :
1. you install it from that folder by putting the file in the directory's PS3 then UPDATE folder and the file with the name PS3UPDAT.PUP.
2. when you put the pendrive in the console and look for the system update and then update via Storage Media.
3. the update is saying that is version 3.55 and not 3.55jb(?) after the process is complited the custom firmware is installed, but then you dont see any diference in the console.
1. the console can take another custom firmware like the kakaroto custom fw?
2. this custom install only leave open the console for psjailbreak or something similar?
3. is there anyway to install another custom update without the psjailbreak or similar devices?
To Install a custom firmware in safemode this is the steps, after installing the cfautopatch with no homebrew folder. put the usb in your ps3, make sure it recognises it. then, leave your usb in and turn off the ps3. then leave your finger on and turn it on again untill it once again turns off. do the same again, however, wait till your hear 1 beep, then 2 beeps in succession. This will then put your ps3 in "Recovery Mode"
Simply scroll down to "System Update" and follow the instructions! Done!