Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Registered User wicked insanity's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

Unhappy Future Trophies Hack troubles

Sponsored Links
    Could in the future it be possible to make your own 'game' that gives out many trophies for say pressing X. By that I mean with the possibilities to run unsigned code and homebrew, could someone create their own trophies. If that was possible it would ruin all value of the trophies as some n00bs would have incredibly high levels within minutes. I do sincerely hope this is not likely to be possible, please confirm...

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Doubtful

Sponsored Links
    It is very unlikely that if a usable exploit is found and made public that a noob would not have the skill and access to an sdk supporting trophies to create a homebrew game with trophies and ruin many ppl's fun.

just my 2 cents though.

but very very doubtful

Registered User wicked insanity's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well that sounds hopeful. Thanks for the reassurance.

My guess is that Sony has some sort of server side check. Since you can re-sync your trophies from the server to your console.

Quote Originally Posted by sekemc View Post
    My guess is that Sony has some sort of server side check. Since you can re-sync your trophies from the server to your console.
    From what I've learned of the trophy system, this is true.

that would be very bad if you could do that for honest users

I don't see this happening, the 360's files can be messed around with and no one... to my knowledge has edited a game or created one that unlocks trophies. Would be a good thing for me, i suck at 9/10 games

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News