Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

FreeStore - PS3 Homebrew Database with FTP Transfer Utility

Sponsored Links
    Update: FreeStore v1.3 PS3 Homebrew Database with FTP Transfer Utility is now available with changes detailed HERE followed by FreeStore v1.4 which includes a bug fix.

I'm working on a PC utility application called FreeStore v1.0, basically it's an updated database of the latest PlayStation 3 homebrew releases.

You simply select the item you want and it will be installed onto your PS3 directly.

Download: FreeStore v1.0

Key features:
    - Automatically find the latest homebrew.
    - Built-in FTP client allows installing to PS3 without touching a USB drive.
    - Is n00b friendly!

To-do:
    - Add filters to give more specific results
    - Include a HEX database
    - Include App/Hex submission form
    - Make a pretty interface ^^

How to use:
    1. Run a PS3 FTP Server on your PS3.
    2. Using the IP Address displayed on-screen,
    connect to your PS3 using the FTP dialoge above.
    3. Select the item you want to download, then press the "Download" button.
    4. Restart your PS3 and your item will appear in the 'Game' category of the XMB.

Enjoy!

FreeStore - PS3 Homebrew Database with FTP Transfer Utility

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have now moved this to the Site News, and +Rep pojiku!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Pretty cool app man. I'll probably use this, especially if it stays updated with all the latest releases and all that good stuff. I'm sure a lot of ppl who don't really know what they need to use or how to get what they need. props man.

buddy, if you can keep this up to date, it's going to be big. Good job.

Thank you for doing this. I've been trying to JB my PS3 and having a hard time finding out what version is the latest. This will make things much easier.

This is excellent! Respect to all the devs out there for all the hard work done to date. But how are you going to manage this? Will the devs post their latest greatest homebrew to you or will you search for it. Just a suggestion - perhaps you can have another column for "tested stable" (or something like that). This is big though! Developing this is one thing but maintaining it will be hard work... so thank you for the future hard work!!

Does anyone else have the problem where it says there is a update but the window is stuck and doesn't update?

Umm... I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem, but I can't update for some strange reason... Every time I run the update.exe, it keeps stating that I there's a new update and it repeats the process... Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by gamesniper View Post
    Umm... I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem, but I can't update for some strange reason... Every time I run the update.exe, it keeps stating that I there's a new update and it repeats the process... Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
    Same thing happened for me. After I ran the update the first time, it did the whole updating process. Then anytime you start up freestore it keeps saying there is an update and goes into a loop. All you have to do is click no when it asks if you want to update.

I also want to state that this did not work for me using the ftp server built in Gaia manager. It does the whole process and asks to restart your ps3, but the package doesn't show up when I do that. I had to use blackbox ftpserver and it worked like a charm.

Sorry for that update glitch! It should be fixed now. I had an old build on the server so the 'update' was actually downloading an older version haha. As far as submitting new items goes, I'm working on a file submitter devs can use that will upload and give me all the information needed.

OGroteKoning, great idea about a 'Tested Stable' option. However I don't feel too comfortable making that decision myself. In the future I may include a 'rate item' feature.

skyo78, to keep things simple I made the FTP automatically anonymous. I'm guessing that Gaia requires a specific username so I'll work on fixing that now. Until then, I'd recommend using blackb0x ftp.

Keep the feedback coming guys! It's hard to know how something will run of different systems, I'll do my best to get it all running smoothly ^^
    Last edited by pojiku; 10-26-2010 at 03:52 AM Reason: Re-read skyo78's message

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News