Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Force_Package_NPDRM v1.0 for PS3 Arrives from Team DeLiGhT

Sponsored Links
    Just under a week ago Heden of PS3 scene release group DeLiGhT'2010 released some PS3 Scene Intros, and today he has released Force_Package_NPDRM v1.0 for PS3 JailBreak users followed by Force_Package_NPDRM v1.50 + PSN_Package_NPDRM v1.00 with changes detailed HERE along with a PSN Package NPDRM PDF Guide.

Download: Force_Package_NPDRM v1.0 for PS3 / Force_Package_NPDRM v1.50 + PSN_Package_NPDRM v1.00 / Tutorial PSN Package NPDRM

To quote: "The tool is a modified version of Sony's own make_package_npdrm. However, this version allows the repackaging of games, even those with DRM.

Currently it is only working with internal games, but will be improved in the future. Please note it requires MingW/MSYS to run."

Finally, from the included ReadMe file:

FORCE_PACKAGE_NPDRM - 11/08/10 - V1.00 - Initial Release

This tool is a modded version of SONY's "MAKE_PACKAGE_NPDRM"

- It enables the repackaging of gamez into a .PKG file
    - It only works (for the moment) with internal games (ie. PSN games)
    - Still the problem of licence (act.dat) to run the game on another PS3

What FORCE_PACKAGE_NPDRM does :

- It prints the "extended" help of the original version
    - It packages YOUR EBOOT.BIN
    - It repackages files even if they are already DRM'ed :
    - SELF files
    - SPRX files
    - EDATA files

What it will do later :
    - It will package the TROPHY directory (in the root of the game)
    - It will package an entire BD games keeping its associated structure

Howto:

First create the following structure:

- PARAM.SFO
    - ICON0.PNG
    - USRDIR
    - Original EBOOT.BIN renamed to whatever you want
    - YOUR EBOOT.BIN (SELF file)

Your EBOOT.BIN must launch the original EBOOT.BIN (ie. GAME.BIN) ("sys_game_process_exitspawn2" instruction is not yet very stable)

Future DeLiGhT's releases will include in the EBOOT.BIN:

- On the fly patching (LV2) to run games (no need of a specific payload with the exception of PEEK and POKE syscalls)
    - Ability to launch games from XMB / Dashboard (much more tricky )

Force_Package_NPDRM v1.0 for PS3 Arrives from Team DeLiGhT

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i love this kind of news. rep+ for Heden and his group. Future DeLiGhT's releases will be the best part of it!

now it's possible to do a disk of .pkg's to install later?
    Last edited by denunes; 11-08-2010 at 10:14 PM Reason: errors

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have tested this under the Ubuntu Multi SDK VM released here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=24689

Make sure you get the Multi SDK Fixed from either demonoid or thepiratebay if you don't already have it. You will however have to set the permission of the file to execute after extracting it.

Then just open up a terminal and run ./force_package_npdrm.exe
    Last edited by evilsperm; 11-08-2010 at 10:15 PM

Sounds like very promising news and a step closer in hacking, very nice indeed.

I understand it's not complete, but I'm not too sure about what this will allow us to do as of now and in the end.

Is it packing a game to a .pkg to allow a "backup-managerless" way of playing backups?
    Is it for PSN demo games to turn into full or "licensed"?

very nice tool, look forward to its many uses and testing it out...

shummyr

I don't suppose this would work for the .self files in the emulators folder? I imagine there is some kind of protection there as well but, I have no idea about stuff like this. So, don't be too harsh in telling me I'm dumb

Well basically, for now at least, if say, previously you tried to make a PKG with a Retail SELF (that, was encrypted), the make_package_npdrm tool would error up, and not let you do it.

However with this tool it should bypass that check, allowing you to make a PKG full of already encrypted files. Of course, still license issues and whatnot to deal with however.

Thanks for the information.

The ability to launch from the dashboard sounds very interesting.. I would love to be able to just scroll through my gamelist on the dashboard without going through a manager.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News