Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Fix TAR v3 PS3 Homebrew App for Retail and Debug 4.0 Firmware

Sponsored Links
    Sorry for being quiet the last few days guys, but I'm still working on things for AC1D CFW and also found some changes to newer PUPs so I have modded the source of KaKaRoToKS Fix_TAR to reflect this in the Fix TAR v3 PS3 homebrew application for Retail and Debug 4.0 Firmware.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Required) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] by nathanr3269

Also what Mathieulh has stated about the 3.55 / 3.56 tar owner id, owner and group is simply BS. It hasn't changed up to 3.72. Debug tar's have diff info but on 4.0 Retail/Debug it's the same.

There for i fixed the original source of fix_tar (owner id from 0001752 back to 0000644), modded a fix_tar_debug and modded a new fix_tar_v3 which also works on retail and debug fw.

Again:
    • fix_tar = retail fw up to 3.72
    • fix_tar_debug = debug fw up to 3.72(?)
    • fix_tar_v3 = retail and debug fw 4.0

Have Fun -cfwprpht-

Fix TAR v3 PS3 Homebrew App for Retail and Debug 4.0 Firmware

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice work, cfwprophet, and +rep for you!

fix_tar_v3 is just what I was working lastly, thanks for the tool, I'll avoid to work on it and I'll try it just tonight.

Remember all guys here fix_tar is a tool developed by KaKaRoTo and it useful only for the developers, not for ps3 gamers.
    Last edited by Ezio; 01-24-2012 at 05:37 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Cheers for the update cfwprophet as well! I have now mainpaged it and +Rep for sharing as always.

thanks for dev

thanks for the awesome update Sir

I tkink this is devs only app but how a hombrew app for 4.00 retail and debug, nice work , how you sign this homebrew app for new FW? can you release the keys?

This is interesting to me: "Also what Mathieulh has stated about the 3.55 / 3.56 tar owner id, owner and group is simply BS. It hasn't changed up to 3.72. Debug tar's have diff info but on 4.0 Retail/Debug it's the same"

Can you explain what math said and what BS? he is a rat.
    Last edited by HomebrewAnimal; 01-24-2012 at 09:54 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'll try to be aware of such statements in future. Just got a message from Ezio about a bug which i could track down as mine one

Anyway i fix'd that and will do some more test's then i'll post the fix version

ok, i see, explain the bug, could it cause a brick in worst case?

No, absolutely no, since it is an .exe for windows to work on creating and fixing of the firmware. It's an application for the developers, so it isn't used by normal user, and few people usually use it, so it's very difficult someone notices a bug and reports it on a forum.

Maybe the permissions weren't included into source code so the application writes them at wrong offset. I would like to invite other developers here on forum as Evilnat aka nathanr3269 to work on it if it's the case.

Take consider this version has only a little bug, the previous version (tar_fix_v2 by TEAMSOS) is completely lopsided and doesn't work as it promised because it doesn't fix the values as it should do (the values assigned are incorrect). I hope cfwprophet fixes as soon as he can, since he is already busy with his tests and his hardware flasher on own ps3.
    Last edited by Ezio; 01-25-2012 at 03:23 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

As i see, the data for fix_tar have changed too much on FW 4.00 Retail

In PUP file 3.55, the data are all the same (PKG/TAR, update_files.tar, etc...):

3.55 PUP
    =======

Owner ID = 0001752
    Group ID = 0001274
    Owner = pup_tool
    Group = psnes
    Ustar = ustar
    But in a PUP file 4.00 is different, data of update_files.tar and PKG/TAR files of dev_flash are not the same like 3.55 PUP:

4.00 PUP
    ========

update_files.tar
    ---------------
    Owner ID = 0001762
    Group ID = 0001274
    Owner = make_pup2
    Group = psnes
    Ustar = ustar

PKG/TAR dev_flash
    ------------------
    Owner ID = 0000764
    Group ID = 0000764
    Owner = tetsu
    Group = tetsu
    Ustar = ustar
    As you can see we have to use two fix_tar files for each one, i made and fixed these tools, fix_tar_pkg-tar (for PKG/TAR files of dev_flash) and fix_tar_update (for update_files.tar)

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

I think all is correct what i made, i check data for long time

I hope it helped cfwprophet

Regards
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

tar upd.png   tar pkg.png  
    Last edited by nathanr3269; 01-25-2012 at 05:34 AM

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News