Following up on his previous updates, today PlayStation 3 developer drizzt84 has released FckPSN v0.7 followed by bugfix v0.7b which adds support for the recent 4.11 spoof that allows PS3 CFW users to access PSN.
Download: http://tinyurl.com/fckpsn07 / http://tinyurl.com/fckpsn07b / Drizztbsd-FckPSN-V0.7-1-g1dab30f / http://tinyurl.com/OriginalCerts / http://tinyurl.com/rubydns-0-3-4-ruby1-9-3-gem / OpenPS3FTP-v1.5.zip / http://tinyurl.com/dev-blind / http://tinyurl.com/dev-blind-geohot / http://tinyurl.com/CA27-cer / http://tinyurl.com/fckpsngit
- CA27.cer, dev_blind.pkg, FckPSN-v0.7.exe
- OpenPS3FTP v1.3 or later
v0.7b: Should fix problems with Kmeaw, geohot, or any other CFW (Windows/Linux instructions have also been updated).
v0.7: Add support for 4.11 spoofing
v0.6: Use an empty consoleid. Warning: be sure to get my 0.6 version
v0.5: Add support for firmwares older than 3.55
v0.4: Don't use PS3DNS anymore
- Install dev_blind.pkg and OpenPS3FTP on your PS3 (using FTP, external USB or what else)
- Launch dev_blind and make it mount the flash
- Open OpenPS3FTP
- Connect via FTP to PS3 (using username root and password openbox)
- Go to /dev_blind/data/cert
- Rename CA27.cer to CA27.cer.bak
- Put my CA27.cer as /dev_blind/data/cert/CA27.cer
- Set the PS3's PRIMARY and SECONDARY DNS server to your PC's IP address
- Reboot your PS3
- Start FckPSN-v0.7.exe
- Enjoy with PSN
If you have followed the OLD guide you need to rename the original CA27.cer to CA27.cer.bak and (my) CA24.cer to CA27.cerand you have to restore the old CA24.cer, by renaming CA24.cer.bak to CA24.cer. This is needed since some games use the original CA24.cer. If you lost original cert, you can take it here (above).
Q: FckPSN does not start or prints "Address already in use" as error
A: Close anything that is using port 80 or 443, try also to close skype and to disable ICS if you are using it.
Using under Linux
- Download source code
- Install required gems with gem install rubydns rainbow
- [Workaround] If you are using Ruby 1.9.3 you need to use a fixed RubyDNS version with wget https://github.com/downloads/drizztbsd/FckPSN/rubydns-0.3.4+ruby1.9.3.gem && gem install rubydns-0.3.4+ruby1.9.3.gem
- Launch FckPSN: sudo ./fckPsn.rb
Build EXE (Windows only)
From Twitter (via twitter.com/#!/drizzthacks):
- Install Ruby for Windows (rubyinstaller.org)
- Install eventmachine beta gem install eventmachine --pre
- Install required gems by opening the "Ruby Command Line" and typinggem install ocra rainbow rubydns windows-pr win32console
- [Workaround] If you are using Ruby 1.9.3 you need to use a fixed RubyDNS version, so download https://github.com/downloads/drizztbsd/FckPSN/rubydns-0.3.4+ruby1.9.3.gem and install it by typing gem install rubydns-0.3.4+ruby1.9.3.gem
- Launch: ocra --icon FckPSN.ico FckPSN.rb data\*
- You will have FckPSN.exe file
Instructions for Linux / Windows updated at GIT (above). Fixed repacked version for Windows of FckPSN v0.7 uploaded. You can use it with kmeaw, geohot or any other cfw! There is a problem with ruby 1.9.3. I'm releasing another release for Windows with the fix. Under linux: http://pastebin.com/EyEwEX5z
sed -i 's/make_requester/make_udp_requester/' ~/.gem/ruby/*/gems/rubydns-*/lib/rubydns/resolv.rb
More PlayStation 3 News...