Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

FckPSN v0.3 - Another PS3 CFW 3.55 PSN Bypass Application

Sponsored Links
    Recently several methods, guides and even PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware has surfaced to get on PSN with PS3 CFW 3.55, and today drizzt84 has added to them with his own homebrew application dubbed FckPSN v0.3 followed by some updates below.

Download: FckPSN v0.3 / FckPSN MAC Package / FckPSN v0.4 / FckPSN v0.5 / FckPSN v0.5 with MAC Shortcut by [Register or Login to view links] / FckPSN v0.6 (UnOfficial - Do Not Use) / [Register or Login to view links] (Official) / Original Certs / OpenPS3FTP v1.2 (required) / [Register or Login to view links] (required)

From PSGroove: The author of Gaia Manager, Drizzt, has unveiled the easiest method yet. Today, he brings us a small toolkit consisting of the apps FckPSN and PS3DNS. The two apps take the place of the tools used in previous methods. FckPSN takes the place of Charles proxy and PS3DNS takes the place of MaraDNS.

Installation:

1. Install dev_blind.pkg and OpenPS3FTP on your PS3 (using FTP, external USB or what else)
    2. Launch dev_blind and make it mount the flash
    3. Open OpenPS3FTP and connect to it using a PC
    4. Connect via FTP to PS3 (using username root and password openbox)
    5. Go to /dev_blind/data/cert
    6. Rename CA24.cer as CA24.cer.bak
    7. Put my CA24.cer as /dev_blind/data/cert/CA24.cer
    8. Set the PS3's PRIMARY DNS server to your PC's IP address
    9. Set the PS3's SECONDARY DNS server to your actual DNS server (e.g. router)
    10. Reboot your PS3
    11. Start PS3DNS.exe
    12. Start FckPSN.exe
    13. Enjoy with PSN

FckPSN v0.3 - Another PS3 CFW 3.55 PSN Bypass Application

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    2 questions before I start messing with this;

1. Will the .exe files work using a Mac (via crossover/wine/vmware)?

2. Any chance of a Mac specific version?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is pretty awesome, thanks for the news boss

Banned User
    Nope doesn't work. I already have the PS3 set up and working. I ran PS3DNS.exe then FckPSN.exe and the PS3 refused to connect. The last way was the easiest and it works.

Still, cant someone make this into 1 program instead of having 2? That will be even easier...

Great news, make things easier for us lesser folk! I'd like to add you've done a great job with the news - First PS3 site I've come accross this morning with the news.

I'll be trying this out in the next few days or a week maybe, I want to see how all this accessing the PSN with false certificates and CFW pans out.

I don't want to get banned if that's the way sony will go, can't say I play on PSN that much but it would be nice to have the odd occassional game with some friends online... when the wife has gone to bed

Easier, ok... But still, as seen with all the steps needed, it sill isn't noob friendly...

I'll probably try this method later today, but the easiest and noob-friendliest way of doing it is still to update. Once we'll have a way to connect to PSN as easily as updating, now that will be a breakthrought.

This is great work and I thank the authors don't understand me bad. It's just not as easy as any folk could think.

Great step forward , but isnt it possible to create a simple pkg file that will do all these steps with installing the file.

It literally took me five minutes to set up. it could not be much easier than this. Back on PSN with 3.55 as i type this.

a system update is required? what did i do wrong?

I just done this myself, it works perfectly. however i wish we didnt have to keep opening up the 2 exes every time we turn ps3 on just to sign in, oh well, this is a better method then the other complicated methods at least.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News