While under development for the last few weeks and not to be confused with the recent Gameboy Color and NES Emulators for PS3, this weekend shinhalsafar has released his FCEU NES Nintendo emulator PS3 port via GameOS for emulation fans along with some updates below.Sponsored Links
Download: FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1 (3.41) / FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1 (Less Than 3.41) / FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1 Source Code / FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1.1 / FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1.2 / FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1.3 / [Register or Login to view links]
To quote from the included readme file:
FCEU PS3 v1: Finally FCEU for PS3 is ready for release. The updates will come often now.
Supports: 480, 720, 1080P at either 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio.
Not yet supported but to be desired: SRAM and state saving.
Please visit: [Register or Login to view links]
Reports bug and feature requests: [Register or Login to view links]
- To the snes9x-ps3 team (TheMaister, Squarepusher64 and myself shinhalsafar).
CURRENTLY IMPLEMENTED FCEU FUNCTIONS
- Just enough to play a ROM
- 4P Support
CONTROLS IN ROM MENU
- Up - Go up
- Down - Go down
- Left - Go back five file entries
- Right - Go forward five file entries
- L1 - Go back one page
- R1 - Go forward one page
- Cross - (If directory selected) enter directory/ (if ROM selected) start ROM
- Triangle - Same as Cross
- Circle - (If not in root directory) Go back to previous directory
- L2 + R2 - (If you previously exited a ROM) return to game
- Select - Go to settings menu (see 'CONTROLS IN SETTINGS MENU' section)
CONTROLS IN SETTINGS MENU
- Up - Go up one setting
- Down - Go down one setting
- Left - Change setting to the left
- Right - Change setting to the right
- Circle - Go back to ROM menu
EXPLANATION OF SETTINGS MENU
- Display framerate - This will show the FPS (Frames Per Second) onscreen
- Resolution - Switch between resolutions - 480p mode, 720p mode and 1080p mode (depending on your monitor's supported resolutions)
- Aspect Ratio - Switch between aspect ratios 4:3 and 16:10 (16:9 will come shortly, for now choose 16:10 on widescreen - perhaps small
- cutoff at left and right))
- Hardware Filtering - Switch between Linear interpolation (Bilinear filtering) and Point filtering.
- Nothing worth really explaining here
- R3 + L3 - Press these two buttons together while in-game to go back to the ROM browser menu.
TIP: You can use any USB controller you like and it will map the buttons on the fly - it is even possible to hotswap joysticks - remove one from the USB port, replace it with another one - it should all work fine. even SNES-to-USB converters should work.
To play a game with a USB controller as Player 1, start up your PS3 and rather than using the Sixaxis/DualShock3, plug in an USB port before connecting the controller to the PS3 - your USB pad should then become Controller 1.
SOURCE CODE REPOSITORY
This release corresponds with revision = 768cf9df52
Source code repository is here: [Register or Login to view links]
NOTE: ONLY FOLLOW STEP 1 IF YOU HAVE SDK 1.92 OR LOWER
1 - Edit the Makefile and remove the following from PPU_CXX_FLAGS and PPU_CFLAGS:
3 - Do 'make clean && make && make pkg'
CURRENTLY KNOWN ISSUES (AS OF BUILD 4.3.8)
* Please start reporting them on the google code bug tracker
HD TV USERS
For people running this on HDTVs complaining about input lag:
- Turn off all post-processing filters you may have running - on Sony Bravia HDTVs, display Motion Flow (this also causes input lags with most games in general, not just this SNES emu. If your HDTV has a 'Game' mode or something of the sort, select that as well.
- 100% everywhere, let me know otherwise.
- SRAM save
- State save
- See the entire snes9x-ps3 team.
More PlayStation 3 News...