FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 is Now Released!
While under development for the last few weeks and not to be confused with the recent Gameboy Color and NES Emulators for PS3, this weekend shinhalsafar has released his FCEU NES Nintendo emulator PS3 port via GameOS for emulation fans along with some updates below.
- To the snes9x-ps3 team (TheMaister, Squarepusher64 and myself shinhalsafar).
CURRENTLY IMPLEMENTED FCEU FUNCTIONS
- Just enough to play a ROM
- 4P Support
CONTROLS IN ROM MENU
- Up - Go up
- Down - Go down
- Left - Go back five file entries
- Right - Go forward five file entries
- L1 - Go back one page
- R1 - Go forward one page
- Cross - (If directory selected) enter directory/ (if ROM selected) start ROM
- Triangle - Same as Cross
- Circle - (If not in root directory) Go back to previous directory
- L2 + R2 - (If you previously exited a ROM) return to game
- Select - Go to settings menu (see 'CONTROLS IN SETTINGS MENU' section)
CONTROLS IN SETTINGS MENU
- Up - Go up one setting
- Down - Go down one setting
- Left - Change setting to the left
- Right - Change setting to the right
- Circle - Go back to ROM menu
EXPLANATION OF SETTINGS MENU
- Display framerate - This will show the FPS (Frames Per Second) onscreen
- Resolution - Switch between resolutions - 480p mode, 720p mode and 1080p mode (depending on your monitor's supported resolutions)
- Aspect Ratio - Switch between aspect ratios 4:3 and 16:10 (16:9 will come shortly, for now choose 16:10 on widescreen - perhaps small
- cutoff at left and right))
- Hardware Filtering - Switch between Linear interpolation (Bilinear filtering) and Point filtering.
- Nothing worth really explaining here
- R3 + L3 - Press these two buttons together while in-game to go back to the ROM browser menu.
TIP: You can use any USB controller you like and it will map the buttons on the fly - it is even possible to hotswap joysticks - remove one from the USB port, replace it with another one - it should all work fine. even SNES-to-USB converters should work.
To play a game with a USB controller as Player 1, start up your PS3 and rather than using the Sixaxis/DualShock3, plug in an USB port before connecting the controller to the PS3 - your USB pad should then become Controller 1.
SOURCE CODE REPOSITORY
This release corresponds with revision = 768cf9df52
NOTE: ONLY FOLLOW STEP 1 IF YOU HAVE SDK 1.92 OR LOWER
1 - Edit the Makefile and remove the following from PPU_CXX_FLAGS and PPU_CFLAGS:
3 - Do 'make clean && make && make pkg'
CURRENTLY KNOWN ISSUES (AS OF BUILD 4.3.8)
* Please start reporting them on the google code bug tracker
HD TV USERS
For people running this on HDTVs complaining about input lag:
- Turn off all post-processing filters you may have running - on Sony Bravia HDTVs, display Motion Flow (this also causes input lags with most games in general, not just this SNES emu. If your HDTV has a 'Game' mode or something of the sort, select that as well.
I really like the hardware filtering option, both here and in the new snes build. Out of the two filters available, point filtering seems to be a lot sharper to me.
For anyone who has doubts folks, this is truly the best we have ever been able to enjoy nes or snes games. Upscaled to 1080p, in dolby digital, wireless remotes, fullscreen stretching, Truly amazing work guys! Once we get a few more menu options (the usual, cheats, mapping, tweaks, etc), well be looking at the best ports of these emulators EVER seen.