While under development
for the last few weeks and not to be confused with the recent Gameboy Color and NES Emulators for PS3
, this weekend shinhalsafar
has released his FCEU NES Nintendo emulator PS3 port via GameOS for emulation fans along with some updates below.
Download: FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1 (3.41)
/ FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1 (Less Than 3.41)
/ FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1 Source Code
/ FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1.1
/ FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1.2
/ FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1.3
/ FCEU PS3 1.4 (FW 1.92+/FW 3.15/FW 3.41/Geohot CFW 3.55)
To quote from the included readme file:
FCEU PS3 v1: Finally FCEU for PS3 is ready for release. The updates will come often now.
Supports: 480, 720, 1080P at either 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio.
Not yet supported but to be desired: SRAM and state saving.
Please visit: https://code.google.com/p/fceu-ps3/
Reports bug and feature requests: https://code.google.com/p/fceu-ps3/issues/list
- To the snes9x-ps3 team (TheMaister, Squarepusher64 and myself shinhalsafar).
CURRENTLY IMPLEMENTED FCEU FUNCTIONS
- Just enough to play a ROM
- 4P Support
CONTROLS IN ROM MENU
- Up - Go up
- Down - Go down
- Left - Go back five file entries
- Right - Go forward five file entries
- L1 - Go back one page
- R1 - Go forward one page
- Cross - (If directory selected) enter directory/ (if ROM selected) start ROM
- Triangle - Same as Cross
- Circle - (If not in root directory) Go back to previous directory
- L2 + R2 - (If you previously exited a ROM) return to game
- Select - Go to settings menu (see 'CONTROLS IN SETTINGS MENU' section)
CONTROLS IN SETTINGS MENU
- Up - Go up one setting
- Down - Go down one setting
- Left - Change setting to the left
- Right - Change setting to the right
- Circle - Go back to ROM menu
EXPLANATION OF SETTINGS MENU
- Display framerate - This will show the FPS (Frames Per Second) onscreen
- Resolution - Switch between resolutions - 480p mode, 720p mode and 1080p mode (depending on your monitor's supported resolutions)
- Aspect Ratio - Switch between aspect ratios 4:3 and 16:10 (16:9 will come shortly, for now choose 16:10 on widescreen - perhaps small
- cutoff at left and right))
- Hardware Filtering - Switch between Linear interpolation (Bilinear filtering) and Point filtering.
- Nothing worth really explaining here
- R3 + L3 - Press these two buttons together while in-game to go back to the ROM browser menu.
TIP: You can use any USB controller you like and it will map the buttons on the fly - it is even possible to hotswap joysticks - remove one from the USB port, replace it with another one - it should all work fine. even SNES-to-USB converters should work.
To play a game with a USB controller as Player 1, start up your PS3 and rather than using the Sixaxis/DualShock3, plug in an USB port before connecting the controller to the PS3 - your USB pad should then become Controller 1.
SOURCE CODE REPOSITORY
This release corresponds with revision = 768cf9df52
Source code repository is here: https://code.google.com/p/fceu-ps3/
NOTE: ONLY FOLLOW STEP 1 IF YOU HAVE SDK 1.92 OR LOWER
1 - Edit the Makefile and remove the following from PPU_CXX_FLAGS and PPU_CFLAGS:
3 - Do 'make clean && make && make pkg'
CURRENTLY KNOWN ISSUES (AS OF BUILD 4.3.8)
* Please start reporting them on the google code bug tracker
HD TV USERS
For people running this on HDTVs complaining about input lag:
- Turn off all post-processing filters you may have running - on Sony Bravia HDTVs, display Motion Flow (this also causes input lags with most games in general, not just this SNES emu. If your HDTV has a 'Game' mode or something of the sort, select that as well.
- 100% everywhere, let me know otherwise.
- SRAM save
- State save
- See the entire snes9x-ps3 team.
More PlayStation 3 News