FCEU PS3 has not received an update in awhile.
I have updated FCEU PS3 with a bunch of bug fixes, performance improvements and brought in line with our cellframework.
SHADERS (hurray, Cg format) are now an option. The emulator is packed with a few of your favorite already. Not all run at full speed at 1080p. Aspect ratio and resolution can make or break the performance with some shaders. 2xSAL and Bloom are particularly nice.
Will continue porting and optimizing more shaders, releasing often!
Code repo: https://code.google.com/p/fceu-ps3/
Please report any bugs to: https://code.google.com/p/fceu-ps3/issues/list
FCEU PS3 1.4 (FW 1.92+/FW 3.15/FW 3.41/Geohot CFW 3.55)
CURRENTLY IMPLEMENTED FCEU FUNCTIONS
- .zip support
- SRAM support
- State save
- 4P Support
- Settings save and load
- Shader support (Cg format)
- Not all shaders run full speed at 1080p.
- Try lower the resolution for shaders which run slow.
- Aspect ratio makes a difference as well.
CONTROLS IN ROM MENU
Up - Go up
Down - Go down
Left - Go back five file entries
Right - Go forward five file entries
L1 - Go back one page
R1 - Go forward one page
Cross - (If directory selected) enter directory/ (if ROM selected) start ROM
Triangle - Same as Cross
Circle - (If not in root directory) Go back to previous directory
L2 + R2 - (If you previously exited a ROM) return to game
Select - Go to settings menu (see 'CONTROLS IN SETTINGS MENU' section)
L2+L3 - State Load
R2+R3 - State Save
CONTROLS IN SETTINGS MENU
Up - Go up one setting
Down - Go down one setting
Left - Change setting to the left
Right - Change setting to the right
Circle - Go back to ROM menu
EXPLANATION OF SETTINGS MENU
Display framerate - This will show the FPS (Frames Per Second) onscreen
Current save state slot - Toggle FCEU save state slot.
Resolution - Switch between resolutions - 480p mode, 720p mode and 1080p mode (depending on your monitor's supported resolutions)
Aspect Ratio - Switch between aspect ratios 4:3 and 16:10 (16:9 will come shortly, for now choose 16:10 on widescreen - perhaps small
cutoff at left and right))
Hardware Filtering - Switch between Linear interpolation (Bilinear filtering) and Point filtering.
Control Style - Switch between original NES style or the more preferred SNES style.
Shader - Select a shader to use.
Standard NES Controls (layout identical to NES controller)
Better NES Controls (rotates input changing Square->B, Cross->A)
R3 + L3 - Press these two buttons together while in-game to go back to the ROM browser menu.
Right analog left / right - Adjust save state on the fly.
SOURCE CODE REPOSITORY
This release corresponds with revision = 92da225e5a
Source code repository is here:
NOTE: ONLY FOLLOW STEP 1 IF YOU HAVE SDK 1.92 OR LOWER
1 - Edit the Makefile and remove the following from PPU_CXX_FLAGS and PPU_CFLAGS:
3 - Do 'make clean && make && make pkg'
CURRENTLY KNOWN ISSUES (v1.3)
* PAL games do not run properly.
* Please start reporting them on the google code bug tracker
HD TV USERS
* For people running this on HDTVs complaining about input lag:
- Turn off all post-processing filters you may have running - on Sony Bravia HDTVs, display Motion Flow (this also causes input lags
with most games in general, not just this SNES emu. If your HDTV has a 'Game' mode or something of the sort, select that as well.
* Stock shader will run all games at 60fps.
* Some shaders are very taxing currently.
* PAL runs way to fast.
- Pretty GUI.
- See the entire cellframework team.
Build 1.4 (11/01/2011)
- PAL ROMs now run correctly - autodetection of PAL/NTSC for No-Intro set.
- Some extra games will run as a result of this - Asterix for instance. They will also run at the correct speed.
- Automatic 576p PAL50/PAL60 switching.
- Cheatfile (CHT) support.
- Game Genie ROM support.
- Added 'Sprite Limitation' option.
- All paths (savestate directory/base directory/SRAM directory/default ROM directory) can now be changed.
- RSound support.
- Configurable controls.
- Geohot 3.55 CFW build.
Some stuff I'm going to pursue for the next release that might prove of interest to some people:
- NES Zapper support (mapped to left analog stick).
- Lua script support (with mouse mapped to left analog stick).