Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is some great news...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    If I didn't have either of those I probably would be more excited about PS3 EMU ports of course, as I do believe emulation is preservation and every now and then I just have to fire up the classics to relive the good 'ol days.
    I think this is a clue statement, preservation, only through emulators old games can be played again, its not like pc games that can be played on any pc with the appropiate tweaks. So yeah, lets call it preservation and nothing more.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
    I think this is a clue statement, preservation, only through emulators old games can be played again, its not like pc games that can be played on any pc with the appropiate tweaks. So yeah, lets call it preservation and nothing more.
    Didn't DOSBOX get written because it had become impossible to run all those old DOS games on modern hardware?

Obsolescence is not the sole preserve of consoles - heck, even the switch from Windows XP to Vista/7 broke a lot of game compatibility.

Also, installing something like Discworld 2 (a first-generation Windows 95 game) that insists on overwriting your DirectX files with, say, DirectX 2 - not fun.

How well would the PS3 run DOSbox anyways? We have native USB HID support - that's great to have already with an emulator like that.
    Last edited by squarepusher2; 10-13-2010 at 11:47 AM

Somebody bring me the ZX Spectrum emulator and I'll be in heaven! Manic Miner here we come

Quote Originally Posted by solrac1974 View Post
    First SNES, now NES, can wait to see Genesis, NeoGeo, MAME, MSX and others to pop! Great era of 8 and 16 bits days... it brings back so many good memories!
    FBA - would be the next BEST emulator port.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
    Great contribution. Im not that excited because like ps3news said before we played these emulators on the xbox1 and I really got bored of them. But anyhow not many xbox1 are still working so bringing them to the ps3 is a big plus. On the other hand theres always a game to come back and check out, for me is a snes game, final fantasy VI which I havent played yet and the emu will make it posible.

What we didnt get on the xbox1 era was a ps1 port that really worked 100% so that would be nice or a ps2 emu that works good. But anyway, with so many great games right now I really see it quite difficult to find some time to grab the old ones. But thanks again for the work, I hope its a great learning experience porting this emu to the ps3.

Also I would like to ask you all a question, are you really going to use your ps3 as a nes, snes emulator or any other old console? I ask this because xbox360, ps3s and most of the current gen hardware seems to break after a couple of years if they even last that long, so are you really going to blow that "life" your console has to play a nes game? Or are you planning to use xbox media center for example to kill that "life" watching supernatural or any other show? Because I think there are far easier ways to get all this stuff with out burning a console. Well just asking to know what you people think.
    Adrianc1982,

if you want XBMC that badly, there's a simple solution:

get coding already. I want to see it too, but I'm not going to post innuendo on a message forum that basically translates to: "Stop all work on console emulators, and get working on XBMC". That's not very nice now, isn't it?

We're not doing this stuff for anything else but our own amusement and personal gratification. If you get some use out of it, that's a bonus, but by no means a priority.

BTW - Halsafar is a member of the SNES9x PS3 team. So we're building up SNES9x as a foundational framework first - so that we could use some of the main code to port emulators with it.
    Last edited by squarepusher2; 10-13-2010 at 04:23 PM

Glad to see someone picked up my little side project. Sad to report that it is not quite ready yet. Progress is very good though. Also the idea is to keep the code base very similar to the snes one we are working on so it is easy to maintain.

I won't post much on the forums but I do read. I will of course post success when it is reached.

My PS3 has been collecting dust since MGS4. I'd be happy to "burn" it out with some actual use. My PSX still runs fyi and it was abused back in the day.

halsafar, thx for your work, i wait NES emu for PS3 for long time

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    Adrianc1982,

if you want XBMC that badly, there's a simple solution:

get coding already. I want to see it too, but I'm not going to post innuendo on a message forum that basically translates to: "Stop all work on console emulators, and get working on XBMC". That's not very nice now, isn't it?
    Is your native language english? Or do you even read my complete post? Try rereading my original post and see the BEHIND you are making of yourself. Cheers.

I would really like an emulator for the sega dreamcast but i guess this too would be great just to have it run on the ps3. lol

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News