Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

FCC Reveals New PS3 TOOL Details, Pictures and User Manual

Sponsored Links
    As we brought the first pictures of the new PS3 TOOL, we also bring more information, thanks to the FCC.

Finally the FCC's images of the DECH-1400A have been made available for public viewing, and they show very interesting hardware differences.

One would assume with a newer PS3 TOOL that they would use a new board, but according to the [Register or Login to view links], the PS3 pulls ~300 watts of power, and pictures show that it features 4 USB ports.

However, the few internal shots that can be seen feature a much smaller Blu-ray connector, perhaps SATA, as the pincount is greatly reduced. What makes this unit so interesting is the fact that it seems to take the best components from both old and new systems- a newer BD drive, but with the old style mainboard!

More detailed pictures are below in PDF format!

Downloads: [Register or Login to view links] [PDF] / [Register or Login to view links] [PDF] / [Register or Login to view links] [PDF]

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Looks pretty cool.. nice and wonder how good it really works.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice find indeed! I know you've been waiting for them to make these available since February too CJPC!

And notice that is appears that they are slim, or am I just seeing things? It looks less wide than my PS3 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tilla View Post
    And notice that is appears that they are slim, or am I just seeing things? It looks less wide than my PS3 to me.
    I think it looks like the fat PS3. I know what you mean it does look smaller, I think it is just the distance the picture was taken makes it look like that.

Plus if it was the slim version, then I am sure that would be the in the headline or there would be a much bigger deal being made. Also, in most pictures of the slim isn't the power supply/ brick external?
    Last edited by maxpwer222; 08-12-2009 at 04:34 AM

But no card readers (those have come in handy SO many times)! Has two Ethernet ports as well...

Quote Originally Posted by BlingOnMyWrist View Post
    But no card readers (those have come in handy SO many times)! Has two Ethernet ports as well...
    Not so useful for developers though. USB memory sticks are much handier for development as you can also just plug them straight into any PC.

The second network socket is so you have have one for the connection to the debugger whilst you're testing cable pulls etc on the other.

I've gotten a few questions on this from people who really are not in the know, or people who should re-read my posts.

The 1400 (above) is the successor to the old TOOL, the 1000. The 1400 just recently started to ship to DEVS (as we mentioned last week with the first pictures). What is interesting is the size, going from a very large ~2u rack mount box, down to a system the size of a retail, with a very odd combination of hardware.

Hopefully that will clear some stuff up!

Thumbs Down

It's a shame that quax moron Pirate is still STEALING our news (even your text! ) without proper credits CJPC... no wonder PS3 Devs don't want to share anything recent.

Sponsored Links