Won't work, just exit to XMB
Mine did as well at first, I erased it off of the PS3 and reinstalled. I also noticed that I had accidentally put some .png screenshots in the same folder which I then erased. I'm not sure which fixed it, but it certainly works now
Just make sure that you quit back to the XMB if you want to switch games. Everytime I tried to just switch to another it crashed the system and it had to be rebooted. Also, I'd warn against using the L1/R1 buttons to change list filters, because they also seem to randomly crash the system.
As an emulator fan its great to see more are being released
P.S hmm i wonder if they ever finished that Dreamcast emulator that was a WIP
I finally got it to work, now I just can't get 2 player functionality to work. Either way, great emulator!
Last edited by squarepusher2; 11-24-2010 at 01:31 AM
My FBAnext, tell me the error not found roms, it tells you can install the roms in the internal hard disk, I have installed in Dev_hdd0/roms/fba, but the emu, don't find the roms. I'm using P3GO. What I'm doing wrong?
ROMS have to be on a USB device in a folder called FBANext-ROMS as .zip files.
Works for me.
Another update to FBANext PS3 V1.0.0: logic-sunrise.com/news-180754-exclue-ls-fbanext-ps3-v100-1ere-beta-publique.html
FBANext PS3 V1.0.0
Logic-Sunrise is proud to present FBANext PS3. This is the first *official* release of FBANext.
FBANext is a port of FBAlpha Version 0.2.97.08.
FB Alpha (formerly Final Burn Alpha), based on the original Final Burn source code, is a multi-arcade emulator.
FBANext is a native port on the Xbox 360 and PS3 Platforms.
- Full graphics/audio supported
- Easy to use rom browser.
- Option to filter on specific drivers
- Option to hide clones
- Option to only display 3 or 4 player games only
- 60fps performance at 1080p for *most* roms
- Pixel Shader support
- Up to 4 gamepads supported
- Rotate screen options
- Hardware filter options (Linear, Point filtering)
Place your roms in /dev_hdd0/game/FBAN00000/USRDIR/roms/
The first time you run FBANext, a configuration file called fbanext-ps3.xml will be generated. This file will store your current options.
If you wish to change your rom path, edit fbanext-ps3.xml located at /dev_hdd0/game/FBAN00000/USRDIR/ and modify the paths-rom element with the directory you wish. Please include a trailing slash at the end of your path otherwise no roms will be located.
.Zip/.7z/.rar file extensions are supported.
- L1/R2 Filter on different hardware drivers.
- X Load and run the currently selected rom. If you receive any error messages during loading the rom, they will be displayed. Typically most errors returned are due to old or incorrect rom dumps.
- Triangle Filter clone roms.
- Square Toggle to display 3 and 4 player Roms only
- Select Switch to options menu.
- Start Will return to the currently loaded rom if there is one.
- Show Framerate.
Yes will display the framerate counter. No will disable it (default)
- Aspect Ratio.
4:3 will display a correct aspect ratio with borders.
16:9 will fill the entire screen.
- Rotatation Adjust Options
Rotate for Vertical Games.
Do not rotate for Vertical Games.
Reverse flipping for vertical games.
- Auto Frameskip Enabled.
Yes will enable frameskip. No will disable it (default)
- Graphics Filter Type Options
Note: Software Filtering is currently not implemented.
- Current Shader. Option will cycle through the available shaders:
- L2 + R2 + R1 Pause/Return to menu
- R3 Service Mode
- L3 Reset Current Rom
- Button Mappings
- Software Filters
- DIP switches
- 68k CPU overclock option
- Move codebase to PSL1ght
- UI previews/titles/etc
Most roms will work, however there are some bugs that have been identified.
- Some CPS1 roms. Notably Forgotten Worlds will crash.
- Performance issues/Bugs with Sega System16, Taito-Z and some other misc drivers are slow. Future builds will be optimized.
- Misc crashes and other stuff.