Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

on rebug 4.30.1 when i press X to lunch any rom, its hit me back to xmb?? anybody has similar problem??

too bad this emu doesn't work on rebug 4.30.1
    Last edited by mahidi; 02-01-2013 at 07:59 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nice! I have to check this out.

FB Alpha RL (Retro Loader) v1.01 Beta for PS3 CFW 3.40 / 3.55 / 4.XX

Following his previous release, today PlayStation 3 developer CaptainCPS-X has made available a FB Alpha RL (Retro Loader) v1.01 followed by patch update v1.01a and v1.02 for PS3 CFW 3.40 / 3.55 / 4.XX users with details below.

Download: FB_ALPHA_RL_1.01_[20130215]_CEX340.rar (56 MB) / FB_ALPHA_RL_1.01_[20130215]_CEX355.rar (56 MB) / FB_ALPHA_RL_1.01a_[20130215]_CEX340_UPD.rar (2.43 MB) / FB_ALPHA_RL_1.01a_[20130215]_CEX355_UPD.rar (2.43 MB) / FB_ALPHA_RL_1.02_[20130915]_[CEX_340_4XX]_[BASE].rar (57 MB) / FB_ALPHA_RL_1.02_[20130915]_[CEX_340_4XX]_[BASE].rar (57 MB - Mirror) / FB_ALPHA_RL_1.02_[20130915]_[CEX_340_4XX]_[BASE].rar (57 MB - Mirror #2) / FB_ALPHA_RL_1.02_[20130915]_[CEX_340_4XX]_[BASE].rar (57 MB - Mirror #3) / https://github.com/CaptainCPS/FBAlphaRL

This is a Beta release and has not been tested on cfw 3.55 / 3.40, only confirmed working by me on rogero cfw 4.30 v2.05. Please, if you find issues running this release on specific cfw and / or you know how to sign them properly, post a reply or pm me, thanks!

What is FB Alpha?

FB Alpha is an arcade emulator supporting the following platforms;
    • Capcom CPS-1
    • Capcom CPS-2
    • Capcom CPS-3
    • Cave
    • Data East DEC-0, DEC-8 and DECO IC16 based games
    • Galaxian based hardware
    • Irem M62, M63, M72, M90 and M92 hardware
    • Kaneko 16
    • Konami
    • Neo-Geo
    • Pacman based hardware
    • PGM
    • Psikyo 68EC020 and SH-2 based hardware
    • Sega System 1, System 16 (and similar), System 18, X-Board and Y-Board
    • Toaplan 1
    • Toaplan 2
    • Taito F2, X, Z and others
    • Miscellaneous drivers for lots of other hardware

FB Alpha also has a WIP console drivers for Sega Megadrive/Genesis and also PC-Engine/TurboGrafx 16/SuperGrafx.

FB Alpha (for Windows), can currently be obtained from barryharris.me.uk.

What is FB Alpha Retro Loader ?

FB Alpha RL is a PS3 homebrew application coded from scratch, and not based in any other public source code by other developers. It is a result of many hours of dedication and research.

It is in no way a dirty hack of RetroArch or something similar. By the contrary, FB Alpha RL serves as a independent frontend to RetroArch and provides features not incorporated in it.

I did had to make a modified RetroArch core to be included along my application, so it could process the arguments or new commands that FB Alpha RL will be sending to it.

Objective of FB Alpha RL (Retro Loader):

As a dev from the official FB Alpha Team, FB Alpha RL was made with a objective in mind, to keep the original experience from the official FB Alpha (for Windows OS) on the PS3 system.

Please, read the technical info for more details.

Technical Info:

Signed for CFW 3.40 / 4.XX (should work for everyone).
    Tested at 1080p / 720p / 480p resolution via HDMI.

FB Alpha RL uses a custom "burn_drivers.h" header file that was generated by modifying the official windows version of FB Alpha with a routine to generate such file on launch.

The header have a big structure with all the information for all supported drivers in FB Alpha v0.2.97.28.

Information such as:
    • Romset Name (Ex. kof2002)
    • Parent ROM (Ex. sf2)
    • Year
    • Manufacturer (Ex. Capcom)
    • System (Ex. Neo Geo)
    • Max players
    • Game Screen Resolution
    • Game Screen Aspect Ratio

Future release will have a custom generated header with all the ROM information as well, so the application will be able to verify every romset with precise CRC32 checks (as in the official FB Alpha for Windows).

NOTE: You don't need the official RetroArch installed, this already has my own modified build incorporated into FB Alpha RL installation directory. So you can safely install the official RetroArch and it won't interfere.

Usage:
    • Use UP / DOWN to navigate Game List.
    • Use Left Analog UP / DOWN to navigate Game List.
    • Press L1 / R1 to toggle game system filter.
    • Press L2 / R2 for quick Game List navigation.
    • Press [ ] to view ZIP information.
    • Press /\ to view ROM Information.
    • Press to Load the selected Game.
    • Press [SELECT] to return to Main Menu.
    • Press [START] to Rescan ROM(s).

Features:
    • ROMs paths directory browser.
    • Input Preset CFG file browser.
    • Game List cache feature.
    • Missing games listing.
    • Alternate key combo to access RetroArch core menu.
    • 1080p / 720p / 480p display modes supported.
    • Game Preview display feature (hover a game to see its preview).
    • Game System Filtering for easier game selection.
    • Custom Game System Filtering available in the options menu.
    • Auto configure screen Aspect Ratio on game load.
    • Quick ROM(s) scanning / re-scanning in extensive path locations.
    • Romset validation against FB Alpha v0.2.97.28 drivers library.
    • Checking for duplicate ROM(s).
    • Detailed info about listed ROM(s).
    • ZIP Content Information display.
    • Full game name display for easier navigation.
    • Game Information (Year, Company, etc...).
    • Direct loading of ROM(s).
    • Support for Screenshots (press and look in XMB photo column).
    • GUI based on OpenGL / PSGL textures (Thanks to Squarepusher / Twinaphex for the tips).
    • More... (read the change logs for more features)

WIP / Coming on future releases:
    • Display Extended ROM information by pressing .
    • MAME history DAT parsing support.
    • Title / Flyers image display feature.

Changelog:

1.01 (February 15, 2013) (BETA)
    • Added information text display for selected options.
    • Added ROMs path directory browser.
    • Added Input Preset CFG file browser.
    • Added confirmation dialog when exiting FB Alpha RL.
    • Added feature to display Missing Games.
    • Added Game List Cache feature to avoid having to rescan ROMs every time FB Alpha RL is launched.
    • Added option to use alternate key combo to access RetroArch core menu, Main Menu(SELECT + TRIANGLE) and In-Game Menu (SELECT + SQUARE).
    • Updated + Modded latest RetroArch commits (Feb 10, 2013)
    • Updated fba-libretro core with latest commits (Feb 10, 2013)
    • Added Custom System Filter (go to options and select the systems to filter in that category).
    • Added support for 1080p / 720p / 480p display modes (all tested).
    • Added Game Preview display feature (hover a game to see its preview).
    • Included most game previews with package (thanks to Sturn and JacKc at NeoSource forums)
    • Added new Options Menu.
    • Added module to save / read settings to "FBA_RL.ini".
    • Added Option to configure 12 custom directories to scan for ROMs, you decide where you want FB Alpha RL to look for ROMs .
    • Added Option to set / change Input presets for all systems, you just need to do this once.
    • Added Option to Automatically Create basic Input preset configurations for all supported systems.
    • Added Option to enable / disable Auto Aspect Ratio selection on game launch.
    • Added Game System Filter (Press L1 / R1 to toggle game system filters).
    • Added ROM(s) re-scanning module (Press [START] to re-scan ROM(s)).
    • Rewrote FB Alpha RL to make better use of PSGL, now it supports a better GUI based on texture rendering (Thanks to Squarepusher/Twinaphex for the tips).
    • FB Alpha RL will check for important directories needed by RetroArch on launch, and will create them as needed. If you have the official RetroArch installed and it have missing directories as well for some reason, they will be created to make sure everything work fine.
    • Incremented number of displayed games.
    • Added quick list navigation by pressing L2 / R2.
    • Added Analog Stick support to navigate lists.
    • Added Main menu with various useful items.
    • Added ZIP Info feature (press [ ] to view ZIP info).
    • Updated FB Alpha (libretro) core.
    • (FBA core) Fixed graphic problems in CPS-1 driver.
    • (FBA core) Fixed Diagnostic Menu Lock-up in some games.
    • Added Screenshot feature (press and look in Photo XMB column).
    • Improved application core overall and fixed some bugs.
    • FB Alpha RL will not process WIP drivers from now on until compatibility is better(Megadrive, PCE, SNES).

1.00 (January 30, 2013)
    • Initial Release

Thanks to:
    • My buddies Treble Winner (Barry) / Kev / IQ_132 from the original FB Alpha Team <3.
    • Thanks to Sturn and JacKc for the preview images at NeoSource (http://neosource.1emu.net/)
    • PS3 Scene websites (in no order) such as: PS3HAX / PSX-Scene / PS3Crunch / Etc, for you support
    • TheMaister / Twinaphex / Squarepusher / Company - Libretro/RetroArch is just amazing.
    • pete_uk - for your unofficial RetroArch builds.
    • STLcardsWS - for your support
    • aldostools - your ps3tools for windows are the best =)
    • deank - multiMAN helped me research / debug my application
    • fail0verfl0w, GeoHot, etc - for all you have done for the PS3 scene
    • Anonymous - for releasing Sony SDKs

Thanks to anyone else I forgot that in some way contributed to the PS3 scene and as a result I was able to do this homebrew application.

Known Issues (updated):
    • Fixed - Directory / CFG file browser doesn't list other devices, just "dev_hdd0", you can configure paths manually on the FBA_RL.ini for other devices until this is fixed.
    • Fixed - ROM rescan (pressing START on the game list) is not working fine.
    • ROM INFO (/\) was not implemented in this beta release, this is NOT a issue, but I forgot to mention it, so just in case xD.

UPDATE 1: In this current release missing games cannot be hidden, I will work on that soon, my bad. I will release a small update later with these known issues resolved.

UPDATE 2: Good news! USB Storage Devices are correctly scanned now, and I fixed the problem with the ROMs rescanning via START button. I just have to add a feature / option to disable the display of missing ROMs. This will be available as a small update patch later (v1.01a)

UPDATE 3: FB Alpha RL v1.01a is available with the following changes / fixes: 1.01a (February 15, 2013)(UPDATE)
    • Added option to Enable / Disable display if missing games.
    • Fixed USB Storage Device scanning, now they will be displayed correctly on the Directory / CFG file browser.
    • Fixed issue with ROMs rescan, now it will work fine by pressing START button on the Game List.

Source Code: NOTE: Source has not been posted on GitHub yet, but in the upcoming days I will release it as well.

UPDATE 4: Full v1.01a Source Code and documentation (README.md) is available at GitHub now!

Btw, I want to clarify, FB Alpha RL is a separate and completely different application than RetroArch, so this means that my EBOOT.BIN / RELOAD.SELF is a completely independent application with all code written from scratch by me. Now, fb_alpha.SELF is the RetroArch (FB Alpha) core, with simple modifications to receive commands sent via arguments from my application.

I wanted to clarify this so people understand that my work on this application is not a modified RetroArch but a separate frontend, that is why is called a "Loader". Even when FB Alpha RL is a separate application, I have to thank Squarepusher and company for making constant improvements on the RetroArch core, and for making it open source.

FB Alpha RL: github.com/CaptainCPS/FBAlphaRL

SeeYa!

Changelog:

1.02 (September 15, 2013)
    • Updated with latest FBA Libretro Core (v0.2.97.28), it should improve compatibility and emulation performance. If you had a game that presented emulation problems, try it now, it might be fixed on this release.

The makefile was updated and now it is so easy to build everything, with just one command.

To build + sign all:
    Code:
    make fbarl
    It will build in the following order:

1 - Libretro (ps3_libretro.a)
    2 - RetroArch (fb_alpha.SELF)
    3 - FB Alpha RL (EBOOT.BIN / RELOAD.SELF)

To clean (all cores):
    Code:
    make _cleanup
    That simple!

FB Alpha RL (Retro Loader) v1.01 Beta for PS3 CFW 3.40 / 3.55 / 4.XX

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Awesome news! Thank you for all your hard work!

I love playing some old NeoGeo games and also some CPS 1,2,3 titles

Thx man

oooops FB_ALPHA_RL_1.01a_[20130215]_CEX340_UPD.rar says Invalid or Deleted File.

upload this file again please

Lightbulb

Try the newer 1.02 revisions linked in this post instead: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post450742

FB Alpha RL (Retro Loader) v1.03 Beta CaptainCPS-X for PS3 CFW Out

Following his previous release, today PlayStation 3 developer CaptainCPS-X has made available a FB Alpha RL (Retro Loader) v1.03 for PS3 CFW 3.40 / 3.55 / 4.XX users with details below.

Download: FB_ALPHA_RL_1(2).03_[20130922]_[CEX_34X_4XX]_[BASE].pkg / FB_ALPHA_RL_1(2).03_[20130922]_[CEX_34X_4XX]_[BASE].pkg (Mirror) / FB_ALPHA_RL_1(2).03_[20130922]_[CEX_34X_4XX]_[BASE].pkg (Mirror #2) / FB_ALPHA_RL_1(2).03_[20130922]_[CEX_34X_4XX]_[BASE].pkg (Mirror #3) / FB_ALPHA_RL_1(2).03_[20130922]_[CEX_34X_4XX]_[BASE].pkg (Mirror #5) / FB_ALPHA_RL_1(2).03_[20130922]_[CEX_34X_4XX]_[BASE].pkg (Mirror #6) / FBAlphaRL-master.zip / FBAlphaRL-master.zip (Mirror) / https://github.com/CaptainCPS/FBAlphaRL / AUTOBOOT.iso by Rautz

To quote: Introduction - Welcome to the official guide and documentation for FB Alpha Retro Loader!

Before you begin, get comfortable, sit back and chill, because if you like arcade games & PlayStation 3, later on you will be having lots of fun!

In here you will find everything you need to know, so you can enjoy playing your favorite arcade games on your PlayStation 3 system. And not just that!, you will even find out how to enter their "Diagnostics" or "Test" menu, so you can change settings such as "Difficulty", "Free Play Mode", "Enable Blood", "Region Change" and more!

Please, do not throw away this opportunity and take a moment to read this guide. I guarantee that it will make your game experience a lot better!

These are the emulated arcade systems:
    • Capcom CPS-1
    • Capcom CPS-2
    • Capcom CPS-3
    • Cave
    • Data East DEC-0, DEC-8 and DECO IC16 based games
    • Galaxian based hardware
    • Irem M62, M63, M72, M90 and M92 hardware
    • Kaneko 16
    • Konami
    • Neo-Geo
    • Pacman based hardware
    • PGM
    • Psikyo 68EC020 and SH-2 based hardware
    • Sega System 1, System 16 (and similar), System 18, X-Board and Y-Board
    • Toaplan 1
    • Toaplan 2
    • Taito F2, X, Z and others
    • Miscellaneous drivers for lots of other hardware

Latest Release
    • Version: v1.03
    • Released: September, 22, 2013

ChangeLog: v1.02a FB Alpha RL
    Code:
    1.03 (September 22, 2013)

- Signed for CFW 3.4X / 4.XX and tested on

- Rebug 4.46 REX / CEX

- MiraLaTijera 4.40 (3.2.0)

- Added version and IP address display on the Main Menu.

- Whole new theme for this release of FB Alpha.

- Added Iris Manager (official) to the Main Menu load options.

- Added proper "Preview" image aspect ratio calculation.

- Incorporated RetroArch and FBA libretro source code into FB Alpha RL Git, and with just one makefile everything is built.

To build:

make fbarl

To clean (all cores):

make _cleanup

- Ported my custom mods to the latest RetroArch Core v0.9.9.6.

- (O) is the new "Game List" button to return to "Main Menu".

- Added shadow effect to all rendered text, in preparation
    for future "Custom Theme" feature.

- Fixed a problem with CPS-3 External / Stereo sound on libretro, now it sounds great :)

- [src] Source code has been greatly re-organized.

- [src] "miniz.cpp" ZIP library is used the "proper" way, so now I can use its modules everywhere I need.

- [src] "burn_drivers.h" was renamed as "burn_drivers.cpp" and is now compiled, allowing access to its data everywhere I need.

- Added support for Neo-Geo UNI-BIOS (need to be present in neogeo.zip).

FBARL will look from latest (uni-bios_3_0.rom) to oldest BIOS (uni-bios_1_0.rom) in "neogeo.zip", of course if you don't have any of those the game will be loaded with regular BIOS.

- Added check for file existence on game selection, if the game listed is not found for some reason, like for example, if you disconnected the USB with the games, it will prompt you with a message to re-scan. The system will not lock / freeze anymore.

- Added check for fb_alpha.SELF core existence on game selection, if for some reason you don't have it or can't access, the application will let you know and prompt you to re-install it.

- Fixed libretro core default inputs for Neo-Geo and Capcom fighting games, now they are correctly assigned.

- Fixed the Save Custom Inputs feature on RetroArch core, now it will not include the annoying "example" text, it will use the currently loaded name, so you can save quickly and continue playing.

- Added FTP support.

- Using latest FB Alpha v0.2.97.30 source, adapted to compile as libretro (romset is synched with MAME v149).

- Doesn't include all "optimizations" from recent libretro Git, since some of them cause some problems with a few games.
    Enabling Neo-Geo Universe Bios (Uni-Bios)

Enabling the option will load Neo-Geo games with these BIOS instead of the standard ones. You must make sure to have the proper "neogeo.zip" from MAME v0.149 romset.

What's the difference you might ask? Everything!, Uni-Bios allow you to do so many things, for example:
    • Choose System Region (USA, JAPAN, EURO)
    • Choose Console type (ARCADE / CONSOLE)
    • Enable game cheats for every game! on the fly!
    • SFX / BGM Jukebox
    • More!

Neo-Geo Universe Bios (Uni-Bios) as described at the official Web site:

The UNIVERSE BIOS is for owners of MVS or AES hardware that want an easy way to change country region or between Arcade or Console mode on boot. Also included are other features that are not possible using the standard MVS bios.

The UNIVERSE BIOS is also designed to give easy access to things like inserting coins, test mode and memory card management when using the joystick ports only. Of course the BIOS still allows standard operation too.

F.A.Q - Frequently Asked Questions

Please, before asking any question or reporting a problem, take a moment to read these.

Thank you.

Q - What Custom Firmware (CFW) do I need to have to use FB Alpha RL?
    A - Latest release has been signed to work on most CFWs, it has been tested on Rebug REX 4.46 (CEX) and MiraLaTijera CFW 4.46 (Core 3.2.0).

Q - Can I just install the "UPD", or I really need the "BASE" and why?
    A - The "BASE" installation is mandatory, it contains all the files, resources and data required by FB Alpha RL to work, the "UPD" package only contains the program or SELF / BIN files (and maybe other extra update data / resources). If you don't do this, don't come asking me why some feature is not working or if you get any other error.

Q - When I try to launch FB Alpha RL from XMB, it kicks me back, why?
    A - This is a common problem with homebrews, if this happens to you, post back with detailed information of your PS3 Model and CFW, including if its a CEX or DEX CFW.

Q - When launching a game RetroArch comes up with an error, what happened?
    A - Probably you have an incorrect romset or in case of Neo-Geo or PGM, you must make sure to have the BIOS placed in the same directory where the ROMs are located.

Q - Where can I find the proper ROMs / romsets?
    A - I cannot help you directly, but Google can.

Q - Some games have bad graphics or eventually lock up my console, why?
    A - This happens because not all game drivers have been ported or updated to work on the PS3 system processor architecture. If you find such games, PM me the specific name and romset, I will be working on a compatibility list sooner or later.

Credits

This project wouldn't exist if it weren't for all these great people:
    • My buddies Treble Winner (Barry), Kev (tmaul) & iq_132 (current FB Alpha Team <3).
    • Thanks to Sturn and JacKc for the preview images at NeoSource (neosource.1emu.net)
    • The Maister / twin aphex / squarepusher / Company (Libretro/RetroArch is just amazing)
    • hellsing9 & GregoryRasputin (for your support and feedback)
    • PS3 Scene Web sites (in no order) such as: PS3HAX / PSX-Scene / PS3Crunch / Etc, for you support
    • pete_uk (for your unofficial RetroArch builds)
    • STLcardsWS - (for your support)
    • aldostools (your ps3tools for windows are the best)
    • deank (multiMAN helped me research / debug my application)
    • fail0verfl0w, GeoHot, etc (for all you have done for the PS3 scene)
    • Anonymous (for releasing Sony SDKs)

Thanks to anyone else I forgot that in some way contributed to the PS3 scene and as a result I was able to do this homebrew application.

FB Alpha RL v1.04 Progress

Hi guys, just updated the Git repository with latest updates:
    • Added new module to parse custom FBA ROM Info database (fbarl-rominfo.txt)
    • Added initial ROM Info section to FBA RL, press "Triangle" when selecting a game to see the drivers required roms.
    • Fixed typo on "libretro.cpp" now Uni-Bios settings are read properly from FBA_RL.ini
    • Few other things I don't remember at this moment xD...

Download: github.com/CaptainCPS/FBAlphaRL/commit/3dd995763fa958900555727a66e95f4862ac6d28

ROM Info New section

What is the difference of ZIP info and ROM info?

ZIP info displays the files you currently have, while ROM Info display the files you must have to get the game working right.

In the future ROM Info will check and display if you have incomplete romset or incorrectly named roms. When this happens I probably remove ZIP info section since it will basically be integrated. SeeYa!

FB Alpha Retro Loader - Software Manual Dev Pack (PSD)

Here I release the pack that will allow anyone to contribute with a translation of the Software Manual. I was going to make a RAR, but it turned out very big (~90mb), compared to a 7zip (~17mb). So here you have the download (mirrors are welcome):

Download: FBARL_SOFTWARE_MANUAL_R1_PSD_PACK_[ENGLISH].7z (16 MB)

When making the translations make sure NOT to change the fonts, sizes, images, colors, everything should be left as it is, if for some reason a block of text doesn't fit, then it is alright to re-size a little.

Some design details to be aware:
    • Font used in for the numbers on the page Headers is "Century"
    • Font used "after" the numbering on each page Header is "Century Gothic"
    • Font used for "question sign" "?" is "Century"
    • Overall font used is "Century Gothic"
    • Yellow color is #FFCC00

Later on I will post the "Installation PKG" so everyone can at last try out the "English Software Manual" for FB Alpha RL. SeeYa!

Update: Ok here it is, FB Alpha Retro Loader - Software Manual PKG

Download: FB_ALPHA_RL_SOFTWARE_MANUAL_R1_[ENGLISH].pkg (24.6 MB)

Just install it and when running FB Alpha RL press the PlayStation button and select "Software Manual" from the XMB Game column.

Hope you all like it and find it useful! SeeYa!

Download: FB_ALPHA_RL_SOFTWARE_MANUAL_R1.pdf (22.4 MB)

Hi guys, just posting to let you know that I just updated the Git Repository with the following:
    • Added brand new 24-pages "Software Manual" in DDS format, when installed over FB Alpha RL it can be accessed by pressing the PS button on the controller while running FB Alpha RL or even while playing an emulated game.
    • Removed "psn_package_npdrm.exe" and replaced with "pkg.py" and other files (requires python 2.7), this one create proper PKGs.
    • Updated Makefile with "Software Manual" PKG creation rules and other small details

GIT: github.com/CaptainCPS/FBAlphaRL/commit/d876617722270acf9161afd83e6cd73014210dc5

Here is the Changelog for the upcoming release: 1.04 (October 4, 2013)
    • Added Background Music playback support (WAV) while using FB Alpha RL (only 1 BGM for now, this is the initial implementation, updates will improve this)
    • Added support for "3x Punch" & "3x Kick" macros for Player 1 & 2 (Forced to L1 / L2 for now)
    • Added initial ROM Info section to FBA RL, press "Triangle" when selecting a game to see the drivers required roms.
    • Other Source code improvements.

Finally, after trying many stupid libraries to decode JPG images, I decided to use the good old C library "libjpeg".

So here are the good news for FB alpha RL v1.04! LOL!
    • Added module to decode JPG / JPEG images into OpenGL textures, tested and working.

Expect smaller Installation PKG for future releases. Now lets see if I can finally figure out a nice and simple way to decode MP3 into WAV on runtime, since playing an MP3 is such a mess with Sony SDK.

Added another nice feature for 1.04 that I know many will love.
    • Preview images will now have a nice Animated Zoom-In / Zoom-Out effect.

I am working on cosmetic additions little by little to make the experience a little nicer and will probably add transition effects when switching between FB Alpha RL sections as well, so lets see.

Btw, last release I signed the RELOAD.SELF and fb_alpha.self without compression, at the moment it was a quick solution to make it compatible with any CFW. But for next release I will be using another signing approach, the result will be a much smaller PKG.

FB ALPHA RL v1.04 CHANGELOG:
    • [build] Signed / Tested on ALL recent CFWs (this time it has been properly compressed).
    • Added cleanup of "boot_history.dat", "game.dat" and "patch.dat" on exit (from PSNope, thanks to @u$er )
    • Added MP3 Background Music playback support while using FB Alpha RL.
    • Added new "Themes" / "Skinning" feature / section, now you can customize FB Alpha RL!
    • Each Theme / Skin supports up to 5 BGM (Background Music) and a specific set of Navigation SFX (Sound Effects) in MP3 format.
    • Toggle Music ON / OFF from the options menu.
    • BGM Title / Song name, Date and Time (Clock) are displayed on the Main Menu.
    • Change playing BGM music by pressing "L1" or "R1" on the Main Menu.
    • Added support for 7 controllers to FB Alpha RL (previously only could be used with Controller 1)
    • Preview images will now have a nice Animated Zoom-In / Zoom-Out effect.
    • Selected games will now have a colored Animation Effect.
    • Font size increased for listed games, long titles will not be affected since the new Text Ticker effect will make sure you see all of it.
    • Increased libretro emulated audio sample rate from 32Khz (s.length 534) to 48Khz (s.length 800), tested and working fine.
    • Added Loading Screen with progress bar when launching FB Alpha RL.
    • Added animated Text Ticker for long game titles on the Game List.
    • Added option to Enable / Disable display of Clones on the Game List.
    • Added support for "3x Punch" & "3x Kick" macros for Player 1 & 2 (Forced to L1 / L2 for now)
    • [source] Big clean up to the Makefile, enabled ALL compiler warnings.
    • [source] Fixed ALL issues found by the compiler (see previous note).
    • [source] Fixed ALL memory leaks, now FB Alpha will never crash randomly.
    • [source] Greatly improved rendering code, handling of OpenGL coordinate system and dimensions.
    • [source] Optimized and updated many modules (input, textures, previews, game list cache, etc)
    • [source] Greatly reduced memory allocated for the dynamic game list.
    • [source] Fixed some rare bugs.

PS: More coming up, so stay tuned!

Finally, from Rautz: Maybe someone will find this autoboot iso useful. It autoboots the FBA Retro Launcher program. You'll still need FBA RL v 1.03 installed on your hard drive, this doesnt do much on its own so dont expect the world from it.

If only I could get the PS3 to autoboot into Retro Launcher at System 357 speed I'd be in heaven with my PS3-Arc cab setup.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Wow

Tnx m8

Great !! Street Fighter Zero3

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516