Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Lol, thanks for the feedback Phreon. Yeah, I feel like doing a hulk smash on my keyboard.

It befuddles me as to why there is still no public clarity on this. I am all for releasing vague tools for us to learn and figure out, but when it just doesn't work like this I can only speculate what is being held back.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm at the same point with you guys..

Getting very slight differences in my created eboots when compared to known working ones. It's definitely a problem with the unself.exe not decrypting properly.

Heres an screen cap of the problem using an untouched GT5 eboot comparing it to a know working eboot and the elf i generated using unself.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    how to decompress the compressed sections in a eboot?

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by beg152 View Post
    how to decompress the compressed sections in a eboot?
    I think you can use xorloser's selftool.exe.

selftool.exe -o EBOOT2.BIN -c0 EBOOT.BIN

You can get selftool.exe from xorloser's blog or here, but my McAfee detected a trojan inside, possibly due to the crypt routines in the code (maybe false positive). Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Censhock View Post
    any solution for GT5 HDD problem? Its telling me to make space (at least 32MB) But on the HDD is more than enough space...

Using: Hermes V4b and GAIA on FW 3.41
    Use dev hex and multiman working good.

selftool not decompressing properly.Tried to decompress splatterhouse eboot but it returns 3kB file.

Just noticed an updated makeself on the failoverflow git.

Anyone care to compile it?

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't think you need a 3.41 or below. But idk I'm still learning about this. I've been into the jtag for awhile now and they patched them.

The tools compiled recently cite fixes to makeself. I still couldn't get a working eboot out of it. I used the newest compiled unself and compared my original NFSHP elf to an elf of the working eboot, and still found some glaring differences. File sizes were the same, but some of the data in the first decrypted section seems off by like 16 bytes or so total.

Also, unself created the same elf as the tools compiled 6 January, so something is still not right with it, or someone knows how to adjust the output and still isn't sharing.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

If you use the signed EBOOT for say GT5, can you update the game and then replace the eboot with the signed one? or maybe I just don't understand how this works.

Sponsored Links

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News