Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nah, he was holding off because he'd planned this as his 2011 resolution.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'm happy that failoverflow team and geohot did what was needed and im not interested if geohot or failoverflow release the codes, it only has to be done.

and with this release, geohot saved his place at one of the three big console developers (microsoft, nintendo,sony). and pray to god that he is not responsible for the security, because then you can be sure, there will be no piracy.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hopefully now soon I can play my discs of gt5 and nfshp.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A 100% secure system? Dream on! It's all about time and resources. That's it!

And if there was a 100% secure system hackers would alter the scale to 110%

has anyone actually got the keys to work and signed an app yet?

Excuse me, i don't understand... Can i already use it to sign my own pkg?

in theory, yes brenza.

You don't wonder at all why he is showing up NOW when someone else has just done what he didn't? The guy was gone, someone hacks the ps3 further and he comes up trying to take some credit? If he hadn't post these things the fail0verflow guys would have and still might. He was not necessary unless he and mathieul are already part of the fail team...

Even if he is a member of the ps4/5 etc security team I am sure the system will still be hacked. Do you think the people who worked on it are idiots? that they haven't got the talent that geohot and others might have? You do and learn, they can learn from their mistakes this gen and improve without geohot. The hacks werent even real security holes but mistakes and leaks from sony.

As far as leaks go, if geohot isnt the leader of some secret ninja clan that will protect sonys stuff he can't help them. Doing things right instead of being sloppy is not something he can help them with either.

anyway, this means you won't need a jailbreak right? A loader, media player etc can run on any ps3 once they are signed?
    Last edited by semitope; 01-02-2011 at 06:48 PM

Banned User
    think about it. the ps3 got hacked because of the initsiation of geohot. i don't want to say that he is the only one who would be able to initsiate, but he did.

and i would put my hands in fire, if a person like him, works for sony or microsoft or even nintendo. this console will be unbreakable. even if sony picks him up, they will improve the hypervision, upgrade the securitysystem, dont use "randomnumbers" for keys, and wolla, there will be more then 4years to try to hack the system.

i dont want to say that i dont like backup gaming, but if people like geohot work for sony or the other two. the systems will getting harder to hack.

Do you think that it would be possible to sing some apps and install on jailbroken PS3 and then update it and it would still work, for example Gaia Manager, SNESx9 emulator?

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News