Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Yes this was my first thought, too. We have to add an optional argument to the function which we can add our key revision. I will try that if no one did when I'm back home.

greetings

i have tested the frontend for unself, seems it still needs work. Says that it successfully decrypted the eboot but did not output the file where i specified.

I can do it manually via cygwin just fine.

thanks for the comment. mr deanrr, may be you can tell us about how to set that curve type value to a file? should we make at like we make a key file or is it plain text with the value?

looks like it can find all key files (which is: -key- ,-iv-, -pub-,-priv-, -ctype-, but may be depends on which tool that need the key) but it just set the pub key and priv key not found (-1) if we dont provide ctype key. and i dont know how to set/make a ctype key.

by the way, does it mean that we have to change the code for every backup manager that we use if we can sign and install it without jailbreak, as we not gonna use payload and all it's wonder?

Just same basic info which is sad:

Any signed backup manager will not work on non-jb'ed ps3, since BDemu that is needed to run is not enabled (The payloads enable it)

Any signed homebrew that need lv2 peek poke will not work on a non-jb'ed ps3, since payloads enable lv2peekpoke

So unless we have some sort of Enabler homebrew, then: WE FAIL

It will be like the PSP, the new fws need a HEN, after they enable HEN, all of their homebrew will work.
    So we will have some sort of BEN "Backup Enabler", in order to use payload-needed functions

PS: Why don't people create another way of playing games? Think of executing EBOOT.BINs from a simple homebrew application (Like uLaunch for PS2)

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom [BLES00919]
    Working.

My First Decrypted Eboot more to come.

http://www.multiupload.com/8D2BMC7400

Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    IMHO there is a bug in the source for the tools pack and it can't find key files different than *-key-* ones (for example app-pub-341 or app-priv-341).
    Scratch that... Everything is okay once you have the FULL key pack with the ctype and pub files.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckluka View Post
    PS: Why don't people create another way of playing games? Think of executing EBOOT.BINs from a simple homebrew application (Like uLaunch for PS2)
    I think because not all games run in this mode. There is an option for executing them without disc, but not all games are compatible with that mode

Quote Originally Posted by Luckluka View Post
    Just same basic info which is sad:

Any signed backup manager will not work on non-jb'ed ps3, since BDemu that is needed to run is not enabled (The payloads enable it)

multiMAN has the ftp and filemanager features and they will be useful if the app is signed and used in retail (non JB) mode.

Also multiMAN supports launching games directly from the filemanager (starting an EBOOT.BIN) or from the game list. In such cases it doesn't use syscalls or redirections or anything. It launches the EBOOT.BIN and some games work fine (like Lego/StarWars/F1 CE/etc). The list is short, tho.

or we could just add enable BDemu.

I also think it should be possible to add the stuff that a Dongle does in the boot sequence of PS3, like emulating a dongle or just do the stuff by the FW loader itself...

Maybe we will have something like PSP's HEN in the start of CFWs, but later PS3 will do everything we want it to do ^^

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast