Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I know this's a bit off topic, but is the USBHID version compiled slightly different to the PICDEM version?

Was thinking of maybe cobbling something up...

BTW - GT5 is still working fine. Very happy with it. I compared my eboot with the one uploaded on here and I don't know what the hell I've done but it's way different to the other guys...
    Oh well

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mushy409 View Post
    I know this's a bit off topic, but is the USBHID version compiled slightly different to the PICDEM version?

Was thinking of maybe cobbling something up...
    yeah, then you might want to do a search for PSGrooPIC-iLLNESS_GENERIC_SOURCE those are hexes without payloads and to be used by Hex File Payload Tool by Maximus 1.0 and compatible to usbhid, Picdem and p3free, and make your own.

luck with the experiment...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is GT5 that good of a game? Lots of fuss over one game, must be a good one right?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyColtsFan84 View Post
    Is GT5 that good of a game? Lots of fuss over one game, must be a good one right?
    It was worth the wait believe me I like NFS just as much though. Not one to rant about games as I spend more time repairing consoles than I do playing them

I ordered an E3 Card reader weeks ago so I could downgrade from 3.50 but now it's useless - it's already been hacked.

Good morning guys, I'm back on the Split/Second EBOOT.BIN again... Yesterday I figured out how to identify the correct metadata sections in the original EBOOT.BIN. I have also read your post about step 7, and 8 of the tutorial Giantmonster, GREAT help there!

However, I have another question: How do I know which part of the data from the EBOOT.ELF I need to copy into the EBOOT.BIN?

For instance: My Metadata sections are:

[Register or Login to view code]

and the SELF header is this:

[Register or Login to view code]

This means the header end offset is 90+410 = 4a0 right? And the end offset of Metadata section #1 980+010dabe0 = 10db560

Do I need to copy offsets 000 until 4a0 for the SELF Header over from the EBOOT.ELF? And the length of metadata section #1 is 010dabe0 so do i copy offsets 4a8+010dabe0 from EBOOT.ELF for section #1 in the EBOOT.BIN?

thanks in advance guys!
    Last edited by HuggernautNL; 01-04-2011 at 04:11 AM Reason: editeddata

Can someone post a short tutorial how to make games working by modifying EBOOT.BIN?

Thanks

hi guys,

in your opinion can i use the same method to Red Dead Undead Redemption Nightmare?

with all this would it be able to got the psn games working, same what as getting gt5 working.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliux963 View Post
    Can someone post a short tutorial how to make games working by modifying EBOOT.BIN?
    There is a guide posted HERE and also another linked below.
    1. Open EBOOT.BIN in a hex editor of your preference.
    2. In EBOOT.BIN, look at the SELF control info, if you see anything resembling the game titleid, it's an NPDRM SELF and this guide won't work, give up.
    3. Use readself on EBOOT.BIN to get information about the encrypted metadata sections.
    4. Unself EBOOT.BIN eboot.elf
    5. Open eboot.elf in a hex editor of your preference.
    6. In eboot.elf, go to every encrypted metadata section (now decrypted), copy its data, and replace the encrypted data in EBOOT.BIN.
    7. In EBOOT.BIN, change SELF header to indicate it's FSELF.
    8. In EBOOT.BIN, change SELF section headers that are marked as encrypted to say they are not encrypted.
    9. If the game is a newer SDK version (like GT5, which is 3.50), in EBOOT.BIN, find the .sys_proc_param segment and change the SDK version to something earlier, such as 3.41. This will probably cause crashes in games that actually use newer SDK features that are not available in earlier SDK versions.
    10. Save EBOOT.BIN
    11. Cross fingers, run game, hope it works.
    How to Decrypt PS3 EBOOT.BIN or SELF Files in Windows: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...ws-116607.html

Quote Originally Posted by IndyColtsFan84 View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised as to how good it is, although not perfect... pretty close.

Sponsored Links

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News