Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by barrybarryk View Post
    No because the copy protection on the blu ray discs hasn't been broken ie if it isnt printed by sony the ps3 won't treat it like a game disc so we cant mess with those files.
    Well even if that's true, not sure if it really does need the CP in place for it to read and use the data on the disc if its properly signed. i.e. the fact the update module will read and copy the update pup off a regular CDr that's beside the point as it might be an isolated thing. We have other ways of installing pkg files even before the JB came along you could use the Proxy swap method or now we have the Demo installer program. Both valid ways to install a pkg file that run on a non modded console if it is signed.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I kind of assume it would have been front page here already.. but has Sony made ANY kind of statement about what the fail0verflow guys have done?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Don`t think so, I guess they won`t either unless they want to draw any attention to the catastrophic meltdown of their security systems

Quote Originally Posted by Preceptor View Post

Mate, sorry to say that but ARE YOU CRAZY? PS3 is completely open now, in fact it will probably be the most open console in history of game consoles. Now we can sign things and that means, program something, sign and install like if the ps3 was a pc...

What were you hoping for? A complete CFW? That will come in time mate... This is bigger...
    I don't see the real difference between signing code to run on a system that requires signed code, and hacking the system to fully run unsigned code, apart from the ease of implementation, that is.

Or in other words I don't think the PS3 can be hacked any "more" than the original Xbox, the Wii, or even the Jtagged 360.

I guess we will have to wait and see how this plays out to make such a claim. If the PS3 can be fully hacked and have this completely undetectable by Sony over PSN, then we can crown the PS3 the most hacked.

All I want is XBMC on the thing

Sponsored Links
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News