Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb Extracting PSN games to external HDD?

Sponsored Links
    Since we can execute homebrew now, It should be an easy task to create an app which copies the PSN game (install package or folder, doesn't matter) to an external HDD.

I imagine this to be the only way how we could share PSN games on the net.
    Running them on more than 5 systems would still be a problem tho.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you can already get the install package off this site, all we need now is an app that can install pkg file.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by lyoth View Post
    you can already get the install package off this site, all we need now is an app that can install pkg file.
    Not that running / having backups on the internal drive / installing the backup manager isn't already asking for it, but assuming by some amazing twist of luck and fate that doesn't get you banned from PSN, running downloadable games that you never paid for and were never associated with your account almost certainly will.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by lyoth View Post
    This is correct, I have tried to install a few install packages from here like:

Castlevania SOTN
    FinalFantasy VII
    Flower

Each one errors the second you try to install the package. I am pretty sure we will need and app like the wad manager on the wii.
    And if I'm not mistaken all of these pkg's are encrypted and would need to be decrypted first but I could be wrong on that.

You can't install retail package files at the moment, but the debug ones work. Just downloaded "The Last Guy" debug package and installed it using an USB stick with FAT32.

The game succesfully installed on hdd but it only starts while the Ps3 is jailbreaked.

So right now only debug not retail games can work with the jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by tjay17 View Post
    So right now only debug not retail games can work with the jailbreak.
    That would be correct , only debug pkg's are currently installable with jailbreak or any of the other dongles...

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News