Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22



  1. #1
    Contributor Nishank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    26
    Sponsored Links

    Question An Exploit found to run PS3 backups

    Sponsored Links
    I found this thread on a Spanish site i guess...

    [Register or Login to view links]

    Had read it after translating through Google Translate:
    DEMONH seen ....

    was waiting for the right moment to break the news but good to say it and so we can finish with such nonsense condensed crellendo people who are still superior.

    PS3 backups load thanks to an exploit discovered when it is considered necessary is to upload a video showing the event. My way of working will protect this exploit and not give details of how this occurs so that might not make the same mistakes of the past.

    You have to patch both updates as other functions, the iso is not worth anyone ... It requires a different process than those generated in linux are not worth keeping the encryption layer.

    The exploit creates a CheckStop that generates a reboot and does not load everything back into memory but the function of pre patched disk and run the new copy.

    The models are tested 40/60/80.

    The games tested are 3, Killzone 2, burnout paradise, pes2008.

    And this is all for now I will not talk any more about it and I hope this thread remains to discuss the jtag, because if I opened this investigation was to help people who have my same problem ... broken plate reader pior testing.
    It's stated there that demonhades found an exploit to run backups but is not gonna make it public soon...

    The exploit is a checkstop and backups made from linux won't work...

    I don't know what to make of it but have my fingers crossed...

    Maybe BOSS or CJ could brief us...
    Last edited by Nishank; 11-13-2009 at 04:16 AM Reason: Grammatical error And content addition

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,829
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishank View Post
    It's stated there that demonhades found an exploit to run backups but is not gonna make it public soon...

    The exploit is a checkstop and backups made from linux won't work...

    Maybe BOSS or CJ could brief us...
    Well, here are my observations thus far:

    1) We knew all PS3 scene (Linux-dumped) back-ups won't work for roughly two years already (see here: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...-Patches-Ahoy/).

    2) The post is quite vague (perhaps lost in translation) but I did notice those who can read Spanish fluently from Elotrolado didn't seem to make much of it as the thread there is closed.

    3) I don't see anything about this on DemonHades blog (DemonHades.org) yet, so maybe it's old news someone copied from his Forums to Elotrolado or he just didn't post it yet.

    4) DemonHades is also a PS3 Dev here, so I'm sure if it is something new and interesting he'll be in touch with the others... but like most PS3-related finds over the last year or two, nobody wants to publically release anything due to Sony prematurely plugging the holes (which is understandable).

    I guess we will wait and see what, if anything, develops... everyone is on a different timezone so it's often a challenge in itself to get others in the loop.

    If anyone can read/translate Spanish fluently feel free to add to this below.

  3. #3
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    64
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I confirm all this , a friend is working on it with demonhades
    I saw with my eyes how it works

  4. #4
    Contributor Nishank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Well, here are my observations thus far:

    1) We knew all PS3 scene (Linux-dumped) back-ups won't work for roughly two years already (see here: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...-Patches-Ahoy/).

    2) The post is quite vague (perhaps lost in translation) but I did notice those who can read Spanish fluently from Elotrolado didn't seem to make much of it as the thread there is closed.

    3) I don't see anything about this on DemonHades blog (DemonHades.org) yet, so maybe it's old news someone copied from his Forums to Elotrolado or he just didn't post it yet.

    4) DemonHades is also a PS3 Dev here, so I'm sure if it is something new and interesting he'll be in touch with the others... but like most PS3-related finds over the last year or two, nobody wants to publically release anything due to Sony prematurely plugging the holes (which is understandable).

    I guess we will wait and see what, if anything, develops... everyone is on a different timezone so it's often a challenge in itself to get others in the loop.

    If anyone can read/translate Spanish fluently feel free to add to this below.
    2. Yeah, i would really like someone fluent with Spanish to trnslate it... Because google's translation really sucks with Spanish...

    3. I was reading some threads on demonhades forums and i think he was pissed off at something someone wrote at Elotrolado about jtag... You can check out the forums there.

    4. And yes i'm okay if they don't want to share the exploit for the obvious reasons..

    And yes it's difficult to communicate to someone in different time zone...

    And all my observation based on google translate.. So please don't blame me if something's no as i said it is....

    Quote Originally Posted by ati93 View Post
    I confirm all this , a friend is working on it with demonhades
    I saw with my eyes how it works
    Really hope what you say is legitimate because really waited long for this to happen... And yes it hasn't happened yet... But has at least given some hope to ppl... Hope this turns to something fruitful...

    It would be nice if we all could see a video... But its up to demonhades when he wants to release if he ever wants to...
    Last edited by Nishank; 11-13-2009 at 07:32 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #5
    Member gb14929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by ati93 View Post
    I confirm all this , a friend is working on it with demonhades
    I saw with my eyes how it works
    WHAT!!? You mean you saw the exploit work and backups working?

    Now this is indeed good news... What FW version is it working on?

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    201

    Amusing - FACT!

    It's always amusing to see other peoples comments when something like this surfaces!

    Well... I saw with my own eyes 2 "backups" being run from HDD... they were Burnout Paradise and Warhawk! That's pretty legit don't you think?!

    Let's wait a couple days... someone is bound to confirm/infirm it!

  7. #7
    Contributor semitope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    605
    If its real it would be best to wait till 3.10 is released and checking if the hole is blocked. After that there is no point fretting that sony will block it because that threat will always be there. Just don't update.

    Sounds like it could be firmware independent?

  8. #8
    Contributor Nishank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    26
    Guess that's why i'm still on FW2.80... And Some folks already confirming that they saw this exploit work... So now just have to wait...

    Btw how likely do you guys think that this is gonna lead us somewhere...?

  9. #9
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    201
    Extremely not likely! why does not my optimistic nature comes to life when it's about this kind of things Probably the dozen+ of these exploits...

  10. #10
    Contributor Nishank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by mihaiolimpiu View Post
    Extremely not likely! why does not my optimistic nature comes to life when it's about this kind of things Probably the dozen+ of these exploits...
    I actually didn't know there existed so many exploits undercover... If i had known i would not have started this thread... But i'm still hoping against hope this would lead somewhere... With literally zero knowledge about programming or anything of that sort I can only hope... While all u dev's think of some rock solid exploit... But i do feel Demon will do something this time...

 

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News