Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishank View Post
    I actually didn't know there existed so many exploits undercover... If i had known i would not have started this thread...
    Exactly! Publishing information on how to run backups without a concrete exploit and way for us to run homebrew code will only close another of what few doors we currently have. Without a way to run homebrew selfs there should be 0 talk of backups, especially given the fact that you can't decrypt a disc with a retail console without first having an exploit. This is TOTALLY AND UTTERLY counterproductive to everyone.

I hope (an pray I am not the only one) to see all these posts and threads nuked by days end... the longer (even this small bit of info that's been posted) it stays up the greater the likelyhood that this door will be closed for good.

BIG BROTHER is always watching... and they roll out updates on a very regular basis.... so ask yourself if you want them working on security patches for things like this that leak to the internet,.. or if you want them working on features instead, and let scene devs work on their security in private?

My guess is most here would choose the more responsible option and keep everything private till we can take over this console and finally get the fun and homebrew 360/Wii users enjoy on a daily basis.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hey idone sorry if i'm creating any hurdles... I didn't mean to cause any trouble... Just thought of informing u guys... But i didn't know U guys already have info of many exploits... So i posted this... U can go ahead and delete this thread if u feel it can compromise the exploit... Pls go ahead...

Sponsored Links

I guess

Sponsored Links
    My translation from it is that, they found the exploit, and dont want to release the details to protect the exploit, but a video will surface soon. Although id be really excited if this were true, the source doesnt really help its credibility and we just have to believe by word. Lets wait for the video to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by idone View Post
    Exactly! Publishing information on how to run backups without a concrete exploit and way for us to run homebrew code will only close another of what few doors we currently have. Without a way to run homebrew selfs their should be 0 talk of backups, especially given the fact that you can't decrypt a disc with a retail console without first having an exploit. This is TOTALLY AND UTTERLY counterproductive to everyone.

I hope (an pray I am not the only one) to see all these posts and threads nuked by days end... the longer (even this small bit of info that's been posted) it stays up the greater the likely hood that this door will be closed for good.

BIG BROTHER is always watching... and they roll out updates on a very regular basis.... so ask yourself if you want them working on security patches for things like this that leak to the internet,.. or if you want them working on features instead, and let scene devs work on their security in private?

My guess is most here would choose the more responsible option and keep everything private till we can take over this console and finally get the fun and homebrew 360/Wii users enjoy on a daily basis.
    I have to agree with idone on this - we all know what happened the last time things got leaked by people - Sony implements changes (DRMDIR anyone?) and then any of our progress gets reset back to 0.

Sure, it can be irritating for you guys, with no public progress (us too), but every time any DEV's make progress, some person who is more concerned with having their name in lights leaks information - and we ALL get sent back to square one.

This kind of thing would not be a problem for say, other systems - but due to the layered amount of security on the PS3 - it makes it very difficult to release something, and not expect it to instantly get patched. On most other systems, that really would not be a concern, but since the best we have is user level stuff on a retail - it's kind of hard to do much more without escalating - and it gets painful when the information leaks out - then Sony gets it - and it gets patched!

please delete this thread asap

stop believing in other sites about ps3 hacking, this is the site where the good news will show up, when/if it'll show up.

don't harm the devs hard work please.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    I have to agree with idone on this - we all know what happened the last time things got leaked by people - Sony implements changes (DRMDIR anyone?) and then any of our progress gets reset back to 0.

Sure, it can be irritating for you guys, with no public progress (us too), but every time any DEV's make progress, some person who is more concerned with having their name in lights leaks information - and we ALL get sent back to square one.

This kind of thing would not be a problem for say, other systems - but due to the layered amount of security on the PS3 - it makes it very difficult to release something, and not expect it to instantly get patched. On most other systems, that really would not be a concern, but since the best we have is user level stuff on a retail - it's kind of hard to do much more without escalating - and it gets painful when the information leaks out - then Sony gets it - and it gets patched!
    Hey CJ i respect u guys but i'm not kinda person who is more concerned about having my name in the light (If that was aimed at me)... And I know how difficult the ps3's security is (Obviously from ps3news...). I am always with the community and not for some kind of fame... And guys there is anothing stated about the exploit... Nor do i know anything about it... So it can be safely assumed i or my actions will not cause any compromise of whatever exploit Demon has found... And if u still feel the other way... You can delete the thread man...

No hard feelings...
    Last edited by Nishank; 11-13-2009 at 11:16 AM Reason: Grammatical correction

Hey CJ i respect u guys but i'm not kinda person who is more concerned about having my name in the light(If that was aimed at me)
    Nah, it wasn't directed at you... mainly at those who leaked knightsolidus/NDT's HDD Decryption method (which did 0 good for the scene, and set all the Devs work back as it's now crippled).

Currently we are awaiting DemonHades to reply via IM to (hopefully) get this matter taken care of.

Hey CJ i respect u guys but i'm not kinda person who is more concerned about having my name in the light(If that was aimed at me)... And I know how difficult the ps3's security is(Obviously from ps3news...). I am always with the community and not for some kind of fame... And guys there is anothing stated about the exploit... Nor do i know anything about it... So it can be safely assumed i or my actions will not cause any compromise of whatever exploit Demon has found... And if u still feel the other way... You can delete the thread man...

No hard feelings...
    No worries - that was not directed at you... more at others who keep doing the same sort of thing, either hyping up useless information, or leaking stuff that should not be out there (at least not yet).

Cool then guys...

Unless you are sure an exploit will lead to a hack that cannot be patched I don't see the point hiding it. Seems they can pretty much patch anything, unless you end up with a way to get the encryption keys/algos, or replace the hypervisor? Take complete control of the system.

Am clueless but me want hack!

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News