Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am really happy that this is happening and it is way past time for this to become legal and without and being done with out fear or repurcussions from the law or corporations

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If it becomes legal, it might become a business for some peoples. CFW with advanced possibilities, or the new and latest FW jailbroken for a few bucks, know what i mean ?

Don't let this crap happen, a scene should be underground. This is how it worked (and it worked well until now) and this is how it should remain.

The PS3 scene is just messed up, its the first scene with so many dramas. I honestly hope trashes like Mathieulh and other fame leechers won't be following to the PS4 scene and so on. They should die with this scene and never appear again.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I hope it goes through then others will come out and actually release stuff that is needed. If its legal then Sony cant stop us releasing a 4.00CFW which would be awesome. Even if we only get a 3.73CFW that also would be great as all we want is a way to play the current games. We can work out something for future games when they come out.

We need a whole new scene, one without people like Math and great ones like Geohot (when he releases things) and others that do good and actually release what we need.

I agree with spunkybunny, many PS3 devs probably have the 3.60+ keys but will not release them to the public since they're scared of getting sued. If sony had never sued GeoHot in the first place I bet the scene would be much better imo.

I just hope that Sony are more clear the next time they release a console. They need to explicitly state that the PS4 is for rent, not actual sale.

Lol, I can already imagine the retail advertisements. "PS4, only $599 to rent for your entire lifetime".

Quote Originally Posted by CS67700 View Post
    If it becomes legal, it might become a business for some peoples. CFW with advanced possibilities, or the new and latest FW jailbroken for a few bucks, know what i mean ?

Don't let this crap happen, a scene should be underground. This is how it worked (and it worked well until now) and this is how it should remain.

The PS3 scene is just messed up, its the first scene with so many dramas. I honestly hope trashes like Mathieulh and other fame leechers won't be following to the PS4 scene and so on. They should die with this scene and never appear again.
    It already is a business, and if it wasn't we have nothing. The free spirit hackers were not the 1st to release something that allowed home brew or backups. Business people were, and then the free spirit hackers acted like vultures and rip everything and released it for free. Yes they have made great improvements, but when the scene stalled it was once again business side that brought us the JB2 dongle. It is always the business side that makes the 1st strides, people like Math talk a good game but never release anything useful until someone else does and then he tries to take credit for it all.

It would flourish from everywhere, you would have to pay for every single pkg you install on your console. You really want that ?
    I don't think so.

Hacking devices shouldn't be made "legal", because it isn't. The world is messed up man, everything is an excuse to make a few bucks these days. Crappy companies are awaiting for this to happen, and make even more money on this.

Most peoples hack their devices because they can't/don't want to afford brand new video games (its freaking expensive), not because of homebrew (that's gotta be around 1% of the PS3 scene).

So why would i pay to hack my device ? doesn't make sense.

Great discussion guys.

So, I think first that free spirited ones are the ones who developed and sold the first reliable methods. Not to dig into semantics, but I think of a free-spirited person as someone who thinks/acts outside of the regular rules of life. Along those lines, these business people, whether developing the hack themselves or marketing the team behind it, are just as free as the non-profit hackers, and I don't blame them at all.

Sure, it would be nice if teams who engineered devices around hacks could get paid while the rest of the information is freely developed (like past/other scenes), but in all fairness I should be able to do what I want with information/ideas/work that I come up with and make a buck if I so desire. I don't necessarily agree with that decision, but I understand it. These are the fundamentals of the battles going on at the root of all scenes. Sorry to get so philosophical, but you guys brought up some good points.

can't wait to see how this pans out

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News