Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Surely if Sony are claiming you can't do what you want with something youve purchased and you can't install homebrew software or software from other developers then they are creating a monopoly, in the UK the monopoly commision would be all over them like a rash.

Why is it ok to use accesories like third party controllers, cables, internal hard drives etc and you can't do it with homebrew apps, firmware updates, and linux ?

DOUBLE STANDARDS !!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    use to love Sony products but now it just feels like I am being probed by a TSA agent. If by some mad chance of insanity on the judges part Sony wins this case, I will forever be boycotting thier products and services this includes thier Music, Movie and hardware ventures. FU Sony

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck1707 View Post
    Let's think about this for a sec. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting. Here's the way I see it. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside. Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right?

The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

But why do they put a guarantee on the box? Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
    quite possibly the absolute best forum reply i've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoerty View Post
    use to love Sony products but now it just feels like I am being probed by a TSA agent. If by some mad chance of insanity on the judges part Sony wins this case, I will forever be boycotting thier products and services this includes thier Music, Movie and hardware ventures. FU Sony
    what if the TSA agent buys you dinner first?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i hope more tech related organizations get behind this for geohot. if sony wins, this could turn into 1984. every tv would be built with a small camera embedded and it would be illegal to unplug the tv from the internet or wall.

Thanks for posting this article - it's extremely well written and it addresses a number of issues that i've been concerned about for a while now.

Every time i read about Sony.... suing someone else, or spending loads of money on a complete waste of time, or removing features that were one of the main selling points, or (etc etc)... I loose more and more respect for the company. I've been a huge supporter of sony products over the years, being an early adopter i've spent thousands on their products (High spec bravia's, ps1, ps2, psp, ps3 etc).

The way they treat their customers (or anyone who tries to help their customers) is nothing short of barbaric. They behave like a dictatorship (in some respects) and think that they can do what they want.

I, personally, will have to seriously consider the move to the dark side (Microsoft) next gen - especially given MS's recent hacker (sorry "Researcher") friendly attitude - i.e. The recent news about Windows Mobile hacks.

I for one will be watching the outcome of this lawsuit like a hawk - hoping and praying that the courts save my rights as a consumer and that they prevent sony from screwing us all over.

But hey - that's just my opinion.

PSPSwampy.
    (Hmm XBOXSwampy - not sure, maybe)

This is just plain stupid you have a console you buy and its yours and you can do whatever you want with it... or is this the new sony in the future you buy a console for alot money but in real time you are just borrowing it?

Geohot will win this wannabe "fight" for poor mans by and vs. Sony !!!

Go ahead, boycott it. Because when opening day comes, I don't want people like you in front of me.

meh, just push him out the way

yes heaven forbide someone not fight you for the privilege of a wildly overpriced console... that, if the ps3 is any model to follow... won't have more than 5 good games for several years.

I'm not to the point I would boycott the ps4 for sonys efforts... I'd boycott it just as I did the ps2 and ps3 the first price cycle as anyone with a brain sees how overly hyped and overpriced they were.

After a year or so when decent games come and a price drop to a respectable level I may jump then... but you seem to mock someone for not bending over and taking it from sony, I don't get that, I'm of the opinion the VAST majority of gamers are pointing and laughing at the losers waiting in line to get boned by sony on day 1 launch.

If you feel the way you do, cool beans, piss away mommys mom on a system that will be $100-200 cheaper in one year, but do know that just like the 3 consles before it the majority of normal gamers will wait and let you work out all the kinks before making the leap to a new console... as well as a realistic and fair price.

Its those day 1 wackos that blindly take anything labeled as sony that are holding em back in my book, psn won't get to xboxlive with people just backing something bc of the company, buy your shit b/c its smart and a good deal not because you're a fan boy.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News