Today the E3 Team announced they (and likely several other teams) will be releasing a PS3 CFW v4.30 for 'free' soon (since the PS3 LV0 / Bootldr / Appldr Keys etc are in the wild) with their own Game Manager as well.
Download: E3 CFW 4.30 PUP / E3 Manager 4.30 / E3 CFW 4.30 and manager.zip / E3 Fun Flash Downgrade Process
E3 CFW 4.30.pup (192.2 MB - 201,540,219 bytes)
MD5 .PUP: 6FB3A01F02A1EE97178241D9B38DA49E
E3MANAGER430.pkg (11.3 MB - 11,885,312 bytes)
MD5 .PKG: F3B12BDCC400078A12683C9EDF83ADB8
Update #2: An anonymous user called Soon has shared PS3 LV0 for 4.30 / 4.25 and LV2 of 4.21 decrypted, and with his LV0 4.25, LV2 4.25 and LV0 4.30 dumped & decrypted (below) and states that the E3 CFW should not be installed.
Download (Passwords Removed): lv0_430_decrypted.rar / lv0.425decrypted.zip / LV2FW4.21.BIN.rar / PS3 LV0.elf Decrypted / PS3 4.30 VSH.self Decrypted by PatrickBatman
Mirrors: LV0 4.25 Dump Decrypted (Password: soonconsolecrunch) / LV2 4.25 Dump Decrypted / LV0 4.30 Dump Decrypted (Password: consolecrunch)
To quote (via consolecrunch.com/lv0-4-25-lv2-4-25-and-lv0-4-30-dumped-decrypted/) are: Ok guys lets take a big step there is the lv0 4.25 decrypted (elf) you should able to find the keys for the lv2/lv1/appldr
Boot Loader SE Version 4.2.5
(Build ID: 4859,49406, .Build Date: 2012-09-10_13:48 :01)
And here's some cool info:
Additional Information: The files are said to contain..
- The people WHO don't have the E3 don't install the cfw 4.30 it lock you to 4.30 and you can go back to older firmware without e3
- The E3 team patch the Lv0 of the 4.30 and i saw no really good things about it... careful seriously
- Ok let's give more stuff after the Lv0 4.25 decrypted, the LV2 dump 4.21, here the LV0 4.30 decrypted too
- Again i recommend to not install the E3 4.30 firmware they lock you and they patched the LV0 badly that to force you to use the E3 product in the future
PS3 4.30 VSH.self Decrypted (from above) by PatrickBatman details, as follows:
- Boot Loader SE Version 4.2.5 ...(Build ID: 4859,49406, .Build Date: 2012-09-10_13:48 :01)........SDK Version
- 4.2.5 sys.lv0.version. 4859 sys.lv0.revision sys.lv0.address. sys.lv0.size sys.flash.fmt sys.flash.ext sys.flash.boot sys.wake_source. sys.ac.sd sys.ac.misc sys.qaf.qafen sys.hw.config sys.hw.config_ve rsion sys.hw.model_emu late sys.cellos.flags sys.cellos.spu.c onfigure sys.ac.misc2. sys.sata.param sys.ac.product_c ode sys.boot.gos
- Boot Loader SE Version 4.3.0 ...(Build ID: 4878,49489, .Build Date: 2012-10-17_17:48 :21)........SDK Version
- 4.3.0...sys.lv0. version.4878
4.30 VSH.elf - Old way to patch vsh.self was... Dont know this still applies:
Patch vsh.self by youself for new CFW
patch 8byte in vsh.self for reActPSN==========================================
version addr old data new data function
3.55retail 0x30b230 4b cf 5b 45 -> 38 60 00 00 // fixed allow unsigned act.dat *.rif
3.55retail 0x30ac90 48 31 b4 65 -> 38 60 00 00 // fixed act.dat missing after reboot
3.55debug 0Χ312308 4b ce ea 6d -> 38 60 00 00 // fixed allow unsigned act.dat *.rif
3.55debug 0x311d68 48 31 b7 d5 -> 38 60 00 00 // fixed act.dat missing after reboot
3.41retail 0x305dc4 4b cf af b1 -> 38 60 00 00 // fixed allow unsigned act.dat *.rif
3.41retail 0Χ305824 48 31 43 ad -> 38 60 00 00 // fixed act.dat missing after reboot
3.41debug 0x30cedc 4b cf 3e 99 -> 38 60 00 00 // fixed allow unsigned act.dat *.rif
3.41debug 0x30c93c 48 31 47 1d -> 38 60 00 00 // fixed act.dat missing after reboot
Update: From their page: 2012-10-28
copy /dev_blind/vsh/module/vsh.self to d:/vsh/vsh.self.0
unself vsh.self.0 vsh.self.elf
if *(addr)==old data then *(addr)=new data
only 2 addr, 8byte data fixed in one vsh.self.elf
self_rebuilder vsh.self.elf vsh.self vsh.self.0
copy vsh.self to /dev_blind/vsh/module/vsh.self
The E3TEAM has released the latest E3 CFW4.30 for free. The bricking issue has been improved. Just download here (Mirror / Mirror #2) and enjoy. (Pass is http://www.e3-tech.net)
Here we mention to E3 flasher users that you do not need to solder a wire to use the latest upgrade.bin file to unbrick a console.
From their page (now removed as they claim they weren't ready yet ): 2012-10-26
- You still need to be on CFW v3.55 or OFW v3.55 to install this new CFW v4.30 from the E3 Team.
- It is best if downgrading to follow the normal steps and dehashing like with Rogero just to be sure of no bricks.
- E3 will be releasing an upgraded E3 Flasher 'update.bin' (firmware) to handle direct downgrading to CFW v4.30. (Beware: Their hardware required, just one of many strings now disclosed)
1: E3TEAM released the latest E3 CFW4.30 free, it's improved the brick problem. We will release the new game manager if none brick matter happen. Just download here (dead link now) and enjoy. (PASS is http://www.e3-tech.net)
Here we mention E3 flasher user that you needn't solder wire with latest upgrade.bin file to unbrick console.
From IRC comes some common sense: [+impacted] wow, one step solution for e3, release a cfw, brick a few consoles, sell a few flashers
Not sure why anyone would want to use a for-profit commercial company's free "bait" (with undisclosed strings attached) PS3 CFW and Game Manager (likely 'locked' to their CFW) over a truly free and open-source PS3 scene one though, as they could pwn, brick and lock your PlayStation 3 console at any time and you would be at their financial mercy to get it fixed, updated, etc similar to how people didn't fall for the recent BlueDisk CFW scheme.
If they truly wanted to help the PlayStation 3 scene they would simply release updated PS3 MFW scripts so people could make their own PS3 4.30 Custom Firmware without the need to worry about hidden DRM bundled in or downloading 170+MB files.
More PlayStation 3 News...