Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This reminds me of the old DMS chips for the PS2, clips install over the chips, instead of solder. Great in theory, in practice = tons of problems. Clips would fall off or mess up pins, breaking things in a horrible fashion. Since it's really just a flash replacement, I guess with the right software and hardware you could simply do it yourself, but a clip is easier (assuming nothing goes terribly, terribly wrong).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just opening up the ps3 and putting it back together is a nightmare on the phats, well it is for me lol. Although this does sound cool in theory, and at least it is a step in the right direction. From what i've heard better things are on the way, so i think i'll keep on waiting.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's kind of easy after you do it once or twice.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    lol or 200 times lol

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    This reminds me of the old DMS chips for the PS2, clips install over the chips, instead of solder. Great in theory, in practice = tons of problems. Clips would fall off or mess up pins, breaking things in a horrible fashion. Since it's really just a flash replacement, I guess with the right software and hardware you could simply do it yourself, but a clip is easier (assuming nothing goes terribly, terribly wrong).
    It all depends on the clip design. I have a WiiKey2 in my Wii using a clip, and it's been flawless, yet I had all sorts of issues with the DMS's.

And if this allows dual boot, I'm definitely buying one.

Yep, it does.. I have updated the first post with an E3 Flasher PS3 Dual Boot 3.70 to 3.55 Firmware video now as well.

This looks like great news, but I won't risk damaging my only PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Inpression View Post
    This looks like great news, but I won't risk damaging my only PS3.
    If you now what you're doing you won't damage your PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Yep, it does.. I have updated the first post with an E3 Flasher PS3 Dual Boot 3.70 to 3.55 Firmware video now as well.
    If it can Dual Boot for all firmwares I'm definitely buying this. Save me some money on a second PS3.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 09-02-2011 at 07:30 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I rekon if you open your ps3 you should be mentally prepared for the possibilty of breaking it. I've tried to tinker on the inside in the past and learned, at least for me, that its better to leave the warranty seals intact unless it is already broken. That being said i'm not great with my hands like some are so if people feel confident and can't afford a second ps3, then this looks like a good solution if the price is right.

Exclamation

In the Dual Booting video the time and date change. When the PS3 is on 3.70 FW it shows "1/2 19:25" on the top right corner. When the PS3 is on 3.55 FW it shows "9/2 14:13".

The second time this is done it shows "1/2 19:28" for 3.70 FW and it shows "9/2 14:16" for 3.55 FW.

The color of the PS3 is slightly changed when both firmwares are swapped too (Here is a picture).

I hope this thing is actually legit.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Last edited by HeyManHRU; 09-03-2011 at 01:51 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast