Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 29 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    To run backups you will need to have 3.55 CFW installed which only install on 3.55 firmware. If you're on a higher firmware than that you need to downgrade using the E3 Flasher. You won't be able to access PSN on CFW so you can't play online unless you use LAN via a program like Xlink Kai to play online against others.

Sponsored Links

PS3 OFW 3.61 with E3 Flasher help?

Sponsored Links
    I'm looking at e3 flasher, my system is on ofw 3.61 do i need to upgrade to 3.7x or 4.0 and how can i check my console is compatible?

It came with 3.55 the date code is 0b.

Thanking you in advance,

Geeze

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    To answer your question you don't need to be on any specific firmware to downgrade and since your PS3 came with 3.55 firmware it is compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyManHRU View Post
    To run backups you will need to have 3.55 CFW installed which only install on 3.55 firmware. If you're on a higher firmware than that you need to downgrade using the E3 Flasher. You won't be able to access PSN on CFW so you can't play online unless you use LAN via a program like Xlink Kai to play online against others.
    ok? so , does everyone that backs up games on there ps3 play online thru this? and i googled the website but i'm not to sure how it works still. I'm guessing every time you want to play online you would have to login? does this actually work?

No, only games with a LAN option will work on Xlink Kai, which many games don't have. Xlink Kai won't work with a wireless router but XBS link will and you don't need to create a account for XBS link too. Both of them don't require you to install anything on the PS3, but you will need to install the program on your PC and configure some setting on your router.

You can read more about Xlink Kai here (http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...ith-xlink-kai/) and if you have any questions regarding this subject please post them there since this really isn't the thread to talk about it.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 01-31-2012 at 03:38 AM

E3 Flasher Sword PCB problems

I finally have installed the E3 flasher and i have a weird problem. The ps3 boots fine and read of the sata station from hdd. But the external pcb (i call it sword pcb in case of the statment "your ps3 sword") doesn't work correctly. The leds start to flash, do that a bit and then goes out. No led lights and also not the blue one. Does some one maybe know that problem ?

Here is a vid of so you can imaging a bit better what i mean:

Looks like a connection problem but hdd works fine and i dono have touched the both pcb's in any other way.

I think the clip isn't on probably, I would open up the PS3 and make sure the clip is firmly stuck on to the motherboard. Maybe when you put the PS3 in a vertical position the clip fell off so it would be wise to keep it in a horizontal position (not standing up) after you put the clip on properly.

No its fixed with a tape and cant move a bit. But to be sure i open up the ps3 and give a look. I'll take a pic so you can see the clip is in jail and cant move

Yeah it's probably worth taking a look. Also the Hard drive still works because the E3 flasher is connected to the Hard Drive pins in the PS3 and the External HDD dock is connected to the the E3 flasher with the HDD in it.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 02-01-2012 at 12:37 AM

Yea i know, have installed it but it doesn't make sense that the main pcb of E3 is not working correct otherwise the hdd wont be recognized. Clip fits also and is fixed so it only can be the sword pcb. But anyway i take of the case and everything and do a pic.

Just to clarify... it's not the fist time i mod or install something. I'm now in in the scene for over 7 years and have also a bit soldering skills.

Sponsored Links
Page 29 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast