Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

E3 flasher NOR Dump checker revision - Useless?

Sponsored Links
    E3 flasher NOR Dump checker revision useless?

From ps3devwiki.com/index.php?title=Downgrading_with_NOR_flasher#Quick _bulletproof_test:

Quick bulletproof test

does not test:

[Register or Login to view code]

Conclusion : USELESS, brickdumps will still show as 'valid'.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just to fill everyone in. I got the progskeet and went ahead and wrote the read from the e3. This didn't do anything. It was still bricked. Out of the four reads I had on the e3 flasher none of them worked. So now to the next part. I tore apart one of my same models of ps3 and it worked great with the progskeet to read. Now I went ahead and changed all the info that was for that ps3 to one that is bricked and flashed that to the bricked one and guess what the ps3 comes back to life. Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's great news racer0018, thanks for keeping us updated.

Here's yet another quick update from the E3 team:

2011-11-20
    Some user install clip not well, so maybe they get an erro backup bios. We suggest user dump ps3 bios 3 times, verify those 3 backup bios with E3 Nor dump checker, this way will lower the risk of brick !

I dumped mine alot more then that and still had a brick. I had to go out and get something else to fix it. I think that they should release a way to install the e3 in a ps3 with soldering instead of the clip.

can anyone help me with the unbricking of PS3 slim? I am going to use E3 team's unbricking guide, I have the bios dump only thing i can't find is the PA0 testpoint on motherboard my model is CECH-2502B, and is it possible to unbrick it using another PS3?

any help is appreciated

Thanks

E3 clip suit

Just read this off the e3 website. For all those with problems with not getting the e3 to work.

2011-11-22
    New E3 flasher update released, it will backup bios 3 times automatically. We suggest user verify those bios with E3 Nor dump checker, to assure the backup bios is no error.

And E3 CLIP SUIT available now, it come with E3 NOR clip and E3 linker. E3 flasher can also work with E3 linker which need solder wires.

maaz1: Let me know what you did to make it a brick. Also i need you take a picture of your mother board. I will tell you where the solder point is. Also sent you a pm.

I am not sure but does this this look like what your motherboard is. IF so you need to solder onto the NOR TRISTATE# point. Thanks and let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

E3-CLIP-SUIT.jpg   710px-JSD-001_NOR_-_nor_testpoints.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by racer0018; 11-22-2011 at 11:35 PM

Thanks for your time and help racer0018, I backed up the bios and then i flashed using e3_downgrade.bin and after it finished i tried to turn it on but it's not turning on turns off itself after 2-3 seconds, i think it's loader brick i have sent you mail and i will send photos of motherboard ASAP.

thanks

Take a look at the diagram that i posted. The point that you are look to solder the wire on is on the other side of the motherboard then what you put the clip on. IT is on the backside of it. There are tests points and that shows them from the backside, not the ones where your clip goes.

What was the firmware of your ps3 when you tried to downgrade?
    Last edited by racer0018; 11-23-2011 at 01:58 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have mailed you the photos and NOR dump file, i was on 3.73 when i tried to downgrade.

i think i found the NOR TRISTATE#, my and image uploaded above by racer0018 are same, so all left to do is solder it and give it a go, hope it works.
    Last edited by maaz1; 11-23-2011 at 02:45 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I checked over your nor dump and it is a good dump. It is the same as my 3.73 dump outside of the parts of the dump that are my areas that are to just mine. Make sure that you follow the guide. If it doesn't bring it back you can send it me and I will hook it up to the progskeet and get it to work. I could get it to work with my e3 but the progskeet did it.

Sponsored Links
Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast