Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

E3 2009: PS3 Debug Firmware 2.76 and 2.60 Leaked!

Sponsored Links
    Well, it's not actually an E3 post but if Sony held an E3 for PS3 Devs they may have offered these, right?

Today two very nice guys (Garfield and another, whose nickname we will add if he wishes) have shared PS3 Debug/Test Firmware 2.76 and 2.60 with the resident PS3 Devs here- THANKS guys!!!

Unlike many PS3 Firmware updates that block access to certain folders and directories in dev_flash, 2.76 allows full read access to dev_flash, so you can access the PS1 and PS2 emu files, as well as all of the system sprx's, some self's, xml's and rco's.

Download: PS3 Debug Firmware v2.76 (USA) Update / PS3 Debug Firmware v2.60 (USA) Update

We don't yet have the official 2.76 changelog, but below are some changes (excluding all the bugfixes) from 2.6:

[New Feature]
    - HDD boot games and game data can now be deleted from the system software menu that appears when the PS button is pressed during the game. However, data currently in use by the game is, as before, not deletable.

[Specification Change]
    - The keyboard function keys F17 - F24 are now reserved for the system. Thus, it will no longer be possible for the game to retrieve data from these keys.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Very cool news indeed for everyone here with a Debug PS3 console!

Especially since you can't run newer games on them without having the updated Firmware (like Retail consoles).

Big THANKS to the guys who shared these with the Devs here!

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    awesome stuff.. hope this leads to some exploits or something.. i know its hard to keep hoping for something to happen.. but one day im sure.

Smile

great news for those lucky enough to own a debug unit.

Smile

Nice news indeed.

very nice share and a wonderful leak..
    hope it helps the devs crack open the ps3!

Cjpc, I guess i can consider this a late b-day present , thanks for the post & kudos to Garfield & the "other" guy. just when i was about to consider boxing my debug up, & put it in the closet you appear out of nowhere with another great post.

fantastic, many thx. Finally i can play all my newer games on the DEV machine

Banned User
    Thank you very much guys, I'll install it in a sec

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Unlike many PS3 Firmware updates that block access to certain folders and directories in dev_flash, 2.76 allows full read access to dev_flash, so you can access the PS1 and PS2 emu files, as well as all of the system sprx's, some self's, xml's and rco's.
    Are there some Java (resembling) files like *.jar or something like java* or jre* or ... ???

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News