Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    I am still waiting for a cheap solution...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by SCE View Post
    I am still waiting for a cheap solution...
    Costs:
    • atmega8 -16pu 2.39 of ebay
    • 16mhz crystal + 2 x caps 0 robbed off an old circuit board.
    • programmer 0 (old printer lead chopped up)
    • Piece of vero board ~50p
    • Dumping the hypervisor - Priceless :P

I make that < 3 How cheap do you want?

Mick

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Exactly. Actually being able to find the tools in my country is more important than the price

Of course, the price shuld be <25 $ but the parts shoul easily be found...

Have you seen the topic where we were talking about 555 IC.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

Arduino Circuit Diagram

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ckj1979 View Post
    Arduino is a nice choice

if you wanted something really cheap you could use the atmega8/16 with a cheaply made parallel programmer.
    Yes i thought so as it has the FT232RL a USB to serial UART interface with optional clock generator output witch is not in use handy as the internally generated clock (6MHz, 12MHz, 24MHz, and 48MHz) can be brought out of the device and used to drive a microcontroller or external logic.(not sure why this wasn't use to drive the ATmega , mabey just to give the Arduino some more options for use)

The nice thing is the power options witch can run the board from a battery/usb or AC-DC adaptor and it has a resettable polyfuse that protects your computer's USB ports from shorts and overcurrent.

Here is the circuit: [Register or Login to view links]

As you can see it is just an enhanced version of what was posted so will be really suitable for those who don't like to built their own or just can be arsed to.

Hopefully this adds more intensive for others to go peek there own ps3 system and dump their own hyperviser. Thanks is0mick for starting this thread and thanks ckj1979 for your response.

You can use almost all modern atmel microcontroller (from range attiny to atmega with ISP programming feature), or you can port to PIC, 8032, etc...

But the 555 is a no good solution. Check the datasheet: it has a rise-, and fall-time of 100ns, TTL type of output (means no Hi-Z so it can interfere with the system), and not flexible.

If you really that out of resources, maybe try some schmidt-trigger and a latch/gate.

Quote Originally Posted by SCE View Post
    Exactly. Actually being able to find the tools in my country is more important than the price

Of course, the price shuld be <25 $ but the parts shoul easily be found...

Have you seen the topic where we were talking about 555 IC.

Thanks
    The parts are quite easily found - just basic capacitors and crystals.

Atmega chips are also cheap and available everywhere. Just requires some effort to build and flash.

This is much cheaper and easier solution than using FPGA's like geohot.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by is0mick View Post
    Costs:
    • atmega8 -16pu 2.39 of ebay
    • 16mhz crystal + 2 x caps 0 robbed off an old circuit board.
    • programmer 0 (old printer lead chopped up)
    • Piece of vero board ~50p
    • Dumping the hypervisor - Priceless :P

I make that < 3 How cheap do you want?
    IsoMick, How did you route the connection from the system board out of the ps3?

I have tried 3 different routes and everytime I tru to boot I get either a blacnk screen or an alert 0 and then hang.
    If I remove the wire from the resistor it boots just fine. This drives me nut !!!
    A picture wouldn't hurt if you have one.

Thanks

I routed the wire the same as on xorlosers blog (Make sure you are not shorting out the resistor with bare wire over the top of it).

My wire actually comes from the same point (but from the right) then is routed through the gap between the column of components (just underneath the brown capacitor)

The length of the wire would be about 6 inches or so.

Mick
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Hi guys. Just got my 555 and 4025. I know it was said to be impossible to achieve 40 ns but do I have any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by ckj1979 View Post
    The parts are quite easily found - just basic capacitors and crystals.

Atmega chips are also cheap and available everywhere. Just requires some effort to build and flash.

This is much cheaper and easier solution than using FPGA's like geohot.
    personally, i think it would be priceless to use a mac keyboard and exploit, disable one of the led's (oh.. scroll lock num lock caps, take yer pick..] .. have modify the exploit code so that you have to type in glitchitnow [and hit say scroll lock -led you disabled] .. and away goes your 40ns pulses .. until say release key, and, also have the benfit of useing the keyboard on the ps3 to boot' instead of 1 usb connection, be additonal one .. one hack for another..

so.. who's up to do this one.. [personally i think GeoHot should, just to give the finishing touches on what he started] anyone for bets on the ramifications news wise on that one? lol...

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News